Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #841
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Stay contains my second favorite guitar work on any Bowie song.

Moonage Daydream takes the top spot.
Stay is fucking awesome. That guitar kicks ass. Bowie's vocals are a little whack, but Slick and Alomar make up for it, big time.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #842
The Male

Local Time: 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
He also claims that he used the same process of recording on Station to Station, Low, "Heores," Lodger, and Scary Monsters.

All of which are good albums, so I suppose it makes sense.
I wonder why he decided to change his methods...

Now.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 AM   #843
Blue Crack Supplier

Let's Dance started because Bowie recorded China Girl to allow Iggy Pop to get royalties to get some money because he'd gone broke. Probably not the best inspiration for an album.

Modern Love is a great track, but I don't really enjoy any of the rest of it.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #844
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm bored enough that I'm perusing karaoke sites....
Old 07-07-2008, 03:09 AM   #845
Blue Crack Supplier

I gotta get some sleep. Night all.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:10 AM   #846
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Stay contains my second favorite guitar work on any Bowie song.

Moonage Daydream takes the top spot.
I agree. I must say though I sort of prefer Bowie when the guitar is used more as atmosphere.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:10 AM   #847
The Male

Night, Pfan.

Stay Tab by David Bowie @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

I'm totally going to learn this tab.

Now.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #848
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Italian is a core part of my diet. Definitely some of the finest cuisine on earth, and often so tremendously easy and quick to make. I do need to broaden things more, though, and find new dishes to make. I want cooking to be a bit more exciting than it currently is.

And I know very little about most Asian cuisines because they all seem to use lots of ingredients I'm allergic to! U-Wen's been trying to find some good Chinese to introduce me to, but there ALWAYS seems to be something I can't have.

Yeah, generally if people of the nationality in question go there regularly, it's a bloody good sign. The places Kate wanted to go to ... the only Mexican people there were a couple of underpaid waiters.
i just don't like it i've had quite a bit of it, though. it's not like i tried spaghetti and claimed italian food sucks. i even tried making my own spaghetti sauce once, totally from scratch. it came out aaaaaaaawful.

ooh yeah, i know what you mean. any food allergies seem to be foods used in asian cuisine a lot. my neighbour was allergic to msg, and of course that's pretty popular in chinese cooking. and me with peanuts, that's a big part of some chinese and thai dishes. i've never been able to try pad thai, which is a shame because it sounds great.

yeah, this is true. everyone at this place, from the owners to the waitstaff to the people who bring the chips and salsa are all mexican. they'll occasionally get one white person who works for them as a waiter, but they usually never stick around. which is a shame, because the latest white waiter they had was really nice.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #849
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Have a good one, PFan.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 03:14 AM   #850
Blue Crack Distributor

my singing voice is sooooooo bad, I'm officially calling this as fact
Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 AM   #851
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i just don't like it i've had quite a bit of it, though. it's not like i tried spaghetti and claimed italian food sucks. i even tried making my own spaghetti sauce once, totally from scratch. it came out aaaaaaaawful.

ooh yeah, i know what you mean. any food allergies seem to be foods used in asian cuisine a lot. my neighbour was allergic to msg, and of course that's pretty popular in chinese cooking. and me with peanuts, that's a big part of some chinese and thai dishes. i've never been able to try pad thai, which is a shame because it sounds great.

yeah, this is true. everyone at this place, from the owners to the waitstaff to the people who bring the chips and salsa are all mexican. they'll occasionally get one white person who works for them as a waiter, but they usually never stick around. which is a shame, because the latest white waiter they had was really nice.
Spaghetti looks faaaar too hard to make. I've been thinking of making my own gnocchi, but I'm not sure it would be cost- or time-effective.

My allergies to eggs, nuts, and fish just totally stuff me around with Asian food. It seems even the stuff that SHOULD be OK is cooked in peanut oil or something really minor but irritating like that.

Honestly, I suspect some of the places I went to were no more Mexican than the stuff I make here. It was disappointing, really. And it was just such bland, generic, low quality food anyway. Chain restaurants tend to be made of fail.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 AM   #852
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
my singing voice is sooooooo bad, I'm officially calling this as fact
Now you just need to record a few songs and we'll use them as pre-show music in the setlist parties next tour.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-07-2008, 03:18 AM   #853
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Now you just need to record a few songs and we'll use them as pre-show music in the setlist parties next tour.
Can it be the most random song ever?
Old 07-07-2008, 03:20 AM   #854
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:01 PM
Quote:
Spaghetti looks faaaar too hard to make. I've been thinking of making my own gnocchi, but I'm not sure it would be cost- or time-effective.

My allergies to eggs, nuts, and fish just totally stuff me around with Asian food. It seems even the stuff that SHOULD be OK is cooked in peanut oil or something really minor but irritating like that.

Honestly, I suspect some of the places I went to were no more Mexican than the stuff I make here. It was disappointing, really. And it was just such bland, generic, low quality food anyway. Chain restaurants tend to be made of fail.
it is! it took me forever to make the sauce, and it tasted like shit anyway!

huh, you're allergic to peanut oil too? that's unusual for people to be allergic to it.

man, that is sad. oh, you went to chains? that explains it. i'd never eat at a place like on the border and think it's authentic mexican, any more than i'd consider olive garden authentic italian. you haven't lived until your ex's coworker's wife makes tamales for you
Old 07-07-2008, 03:23 AM   #855
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Can it be the most random song ever?
I think it'd be hilarious if, before the live stream of the show begins one day, whoever's running the feed plays random U2 covers recorded by Interferencers. I'd do something completely obscure like The Dream Is Over for it.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread