Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you could find all the ingredients you'd need; it seems what little they have doesn't sell like hotcakes anyway. Though if you're lost and can't find tortillas, don't ask for "tortiyas" or nobody will know what you want. I found this out the hard way.
oh god, do they say tor-till-uhs?

oh god, do they say tor-till-uhs?

YES, THAT'S WHAT I HAD TO ASK FOR.

Mexican just isn't very common here at all. Good luck finding a Mexican restaurant. The one Mexican restaurant I knew on the Gold Coast sold ... PIZZA.

Yes, PIZZA.

Their menu had a page of Mexicany main meals, then a page of pizzas. They were apparently Mexican pizzas because they had spicy toppings or something. :|

Mexican just isn't very common here at all. Good luck finding a Mexican restaurant. The one Mexican restaurant I knew on the Gold Coast sold ... PIZZA.

Yes, PIZZA.

Their menu had a page of Mexicany main meals, then a page of pizzas. They were apparently Mexican pizzas because they had spicy toppings or something. :|

that's a damn shame.

Yes, PIZZA.

This reminds of that Seinfeld episode with the Pakistani man who cooked beans and franks.

Yes, PIZZA.

fuck, i'd die. i love mexican food; there's so-ooo many mexican restaurants in my town. not even memphis, but the suburb in which i live! there's two within three minutes from my house, just to give you an idea.

i wouldn't know what to do if i couldn't have mexican :drool:

uhh...food. mexican food.

He's also had Pete Townshend on a couple of occasions. He did a track on Scary Monsters and one on Heathen.

I've still not gotten into Heathen. I don't like Bowie's vocals on it, which I think I said to YLB upon my first listen a couple of months ago.

fuck, i'd die. i love mexican food; there's so-ooo many mexican restaurants in my town. not even memphis, but the suburb in which i live! there's two within three minutes from my house, just to give you an idea.

i wouldn't know what to do if i couldn't have mexican :drool:

uhh...food. mexican food.

You can find shitloads of Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian, Greek, and especially Italian here. You can tell the waves of immigration have been primarily from southern Europe and Asia. Mexican is where Australia in general just completely falls down.

I think I've said before that I'm disappointed I didn't go to any good Mexican restaurants while in the US, just chain restaurants with watered-down bland quasi-Mexican for unadventurous Kate people.

:wave: Night, Mia

Supposedly, he can't even remember making it. :slant:

That really sucks. I dont' know a lot about Bowie aside from the handful of songs I know, and the couple of movies I've seen him in. I never realized it got that bad.

Supposedly the song TVC 15 was written about his coke-induced visions of the television attacking Iggy Pop during the recording sessions.

You can find shitloads of Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian, Greek, and especially Italian here. You can tell the waves of immigration have been primarily from southern Europe and Asia. Mexican is where Australia in general just completely falls down.

I think I've said before that I'm disappointed I didn't go to any good Mexican restaurants while in the US, just chain restaurants with watered-down bland quasi-Mexican for unadventurous Kate people.
all of that is delicious, except italian. i just can't get into it. pizza included. if someone bet me that i couldn't go six months without any italian food, i'd do it.

but omg, everything else :drool: i love vietnamese food. there's a vietnamese section in midtown with tons of restaurants. there's a store too but i wouldn't know what the hell to buy, so i just eat it and leave the cooking to the pros :lol:

yeah, and i think i said something like i hope the ones i like are authentic. an older mexican couple own the one by my house i go to all the time, so one would think it's authentic. plus it's not like i just get tacos. well, i usually do, hehe, but i try to try as many things as possible, as long as there's no beans, sour cream, guacamole, or pico de gallo.

:laugh:

The sad part is that he could have remembered how he came up with such great songs had he not been completely out of it.

"I got some quite extraordinary things out of Earl Slick. I think it captured his imagination to make noises on guitar, and textures, rather than playing the right notes."

I don't know how he remembers telling Slick to make nose and texture. :lol:

"I got some quite extraordinary things out of Earl Slick. I think it captured his imagination to make noises on guitar, and textures, rather than playing the right notes."

I don't know how he remembers telling Slick to make nose and texture. :lol:

Stay contains my second favorite guitar work on any Bowie song.

Moonage Daydream takes the top spot.

all of that is delicious, except italian. i just can't get into it. pizza included. if someone bet me that i couldn't go six months without any italian food, i'd do it.

but omg, everything else :drool: i love vietnamese food. there's a vietnamese section in midtown with tons of restaurants. there's a store too but i wouldn't know what the hell to buy, so i just eat it and leave the cooking to the pros :lol:

yeah, and i think i said something like i hope the ones i like are authentic. an older mexican couple own the one by my house i go to all the time, so one would think it's authentic. plus it's not like i just get tacos. well, i usually do, hehe, but i try to try as many things as possible, as long as there's no beans, sour cream, guacamole, or pico de gallo.

:tsk: Italian is a core part of my diet. Definitely some of the finest cuisine on earth, and often so tremendously easy and quick to make. I do need to broaden things more, though, and find new dishes to make. I want cooking to be a bit more exciting than it currently is.

And I know very little about most Asian cuisines because they all seem to use lots of ingredients I'm allergic to! U-Wen's been trying to find some good Chinese to introduce me to, but there ALWAYS seems to be something I can't have.

Yeah, generally if people of the nationality in question go there regularly, it's a bloody good sign. The places Kate wanted to go to ... the only Mexican people there were a couple of underpaid waiters.

He also claims that he used the same process of recording on Station to Station, Low, "Heores," Lodger, and Scary Monsters.

All of which are good albums, so I suppose it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom