Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #361
The Male

Local Time: 06:10 PM
I'm sorry, but this thread is fucking stupid. This is what I wake up to?

http://forum.interference.com/f196/u...ll-187893.html

Now.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #362
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Britastic! View Post
Yeah except that all my stuff is already moved in and unpacked all we have to get are a couple furniture pieces, the pool, and some of ashleys stuff.

We move alot too, usually only in the same city but now we moved to a city over. Like 5 times in the last 10 years, not nearly as much as you. So Im sorry that youve been put through that kind of misery so many times.
Ahh, that's good that it's nearly done then. And it's often nice a few days after you've moved in, once things are unpacked but the place hasn't gotten messy yet. I always have good intentions of keeping my new places that clean, but funnily enough, within a month, it's a disaster zone again ...

Most of my moving was just around the Gold Coast, including between three different houses on the same street, believe it or not. Though it also includes moving from New Zealand to Australia and then from the Gold Coast to Brisbane to Melbourne. Melbourne and Brisbane are about 20 hours apart if you drive - that move was a bit of a nightmare.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #363
Vocal parasite

Hi phanan and Traviud.

That thread really isn't worth the time. Yes, let's pigeonhole what qualities a masterpiece must have!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #364
The Male

Hey, 'Ver.

Yeah, I just made a crack about Achtung Baby and walked out. I was rather pleased, however, to hear that the new album is definitely finished. Now let's hope Larry will never hear it and and they keep the doors of the studio locked tight.

Now.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #365
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Hey, 'Ver.

Yeah, I just made a crack about Achtung Baby and walked out. I was rather pleased, however, to hear that the new album is definitely finished. Now let's hope Larry will never hear it and and they keep the doors of the studio locked tight.
Good call. And yeah, it's fairly exciting to hear it's now essentially done. Wish that it would take less than a few months for it to be released, though. Making us wait until October/November is just silly. This isn't the 1980s any more.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #366
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Good call. And yeah, it's fairly exciting to hear it's now essentially done. Wish that it would take less than a few months for it to be released, though. Making us wait until October/November is just silly. This isn't the 1980s any more.
I couldn't believe some of the crap I was reading in the thread for that new clip yesterday. People were claiming the song sounds like everything else without being able to hear much of anything about it. FFS, it was supposedly a live rehearsal.

Now.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #367
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Afternoon, gang. What's shakin'?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #368
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I couldn't believe some of the crap I was reading in the thread for that new clip yesterday. People were claiming the song sounds like everything else without being able to hear much of anything about it. FFS, it was supposedly a live rehearsal.
Yeah. When I saw people say the recording was remarkably clear - well, I expected something better than that. You cannot make any substantial judgement based on that. I'm just glad that the little bit I can hear is not anything to dent my quiet optimism.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #369
Blue Crack Supplier

Hold the phone.

Did Screwtape ask for a critical analysis?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #370
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Hold the phone.

Did Screwtape ask for a critical analysis?
Yeah, and I gave him one.

Now.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #371
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yeah, and I gave him one.
I would have been much harder on him.

I just read back in the thread. What was YLB's idea? You can PM me.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #372
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I would have been much harder on him.

I just read back in the thread. What was YLB's idea? You can PM me.
Nothing special. He was just going to rickroll him. He told me he decided against it, and that was it.

Believe me, I wanted to be harsher, but the criticism had to be constructive or he would have gotten pissed off. I probably should have lowered him to an even 6 for thinking Viva La Vida is one of the masterpieces of the decade.

Now.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #373
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Nothing special. He was just going to rickroll him. He told me he decided against it, and that was it.

Believe me, I wanted to be harsher, but the criticism had to be constructive or he would have gotten pissed off. I probably should have lowered him to an even 6 for thinking Viva La Vida is one of the masterpieces of the decade.
I can be constructive, but I'd have given him a lower score.

I honestly and earnestly ignore him, though. I refuse to read his posts. I figured his two posts there were just telling Night and Day she was a beautiful soul or something until you quoted him and made a review.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #374
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I was a bit surprised by the mark and positivity too. I thought if anybody was going to get slammed, it would be him. In fact, I've been surprised in general by the positivity of the reviews thus far. I'm sure you can imagine how different it would be if I were writing some of these.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #375
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I was a bit surprised by the mark and positivity too. I thought if anybody was going to get slammed, it would be him. In fact, I've been surprised in general by the positivity of the reviews thus far. I'm sure you can imagine how different it would be if I were writing some of these.
Our pool of people so far has been very good. It's hard to write a scathing review about say, Khan, or one of my fellow Musketeers. And let's face it, for all of Screwy's douchebaginess, he hasn't always been like this. We were all favorably disposed to him at some point. Just not anymore.

Now.

Tags
superthread