Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does geocities even exist anymore?

Hah. Yeah, now my Geocities login is mostly of use for using Yahoo mailing lists - that's where most Kiwi railway discussion takes place. My U2 bootleg trading page still exists, even though I haven't been trading for three years.

I listened to October tonight for the first time in ages.

What a strange bird. I like Stranger In A Strange Land more than I remembered. Fire (aka AUUGHGHGHH YEAH COME ON! FALLING! FALLING!) and Is That All can blow me though.

What a strange bird. I like Stranger In A Strange Land more than I remembered. Fire (aka AUUGHGHGHH YEAH COME ON! FALLING! FALLING!) and Is That All can blow me though.

I still haven't heard October all the way through. I tried once and I was just so beyond disapointed. Plus, I have it on cassette. As soon as the remaster comes out, I'll purchase it, and maybe I'll ahve better things to say then.

I love October and still play it regularly. Fire's awesome. And apparently I sing it like one of those stereotypical fire-and-brimstone Southern Baptist preachers. FIIIIIIIII-YUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!

:laugh: That's hilarious! I think U2 have only once been in my dreams - though I almost never remember my dreams. I referenced this one earlier in the thread, actually. U2 played a gig at my high school's hall, and at the end, Bono literally comes sprinting up to me, leaping up steps to get to where I was sitting, and urgently tells me that the "city song" on HTDAAB (which was then a few months from release) will be about Kansas City. Then I woke up and thought "WTF?"

:lmao: That's awesome.

U2 are in my dreams often, even if they're not the central part of the dream itself. Usually you'll see them lurking in the periphery of my crazy, bizarre concotions. Everything in my dream world, I can usually remember. The village is different from how it is in the real world, but always in my dreams it remains the same way. Same roads, same different landmarks. I guess it's a recurring dream-state. Though I can seriously do without the covered bridges being half finished above a thousand foot gorge, and me only figuring that out after I've driven over the last bit of concrete. Yep.

I feckin' hate falling in dreams.

I love October and still play it regularly. Fire's awesome. And apparently I sing it like one of those stereotypical fire-and-brimstone Southern Baptist preachers. FIIIIIIIII-YUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!

The best part of the album is Tomorrow--->October, no question. Gloria is probably my favorite though.

There's plenty to love, but a few songs definitely weren't thought through properly.

October is a grower of an album. It took me.. oh about two listens through to get totally hooked. I adore it though, and I never understood why so many people thought it was a 'crap' album.

I use yahoo for a group that I run, but that's about it. Always fun trying to find news to put on it when it's been especially quiet.. as it has been lately.

The best part of the album is Tomorrow--->October, no question. Gloria is probably my favorite though.

There's plenty to love, but a few songs definitely weren't thought through properly.

Completely disagree. I actually skip the title track almost all the time now. Plus its placement in the tracklist is terrible; it should precede rather than succeed Tomorrow. As it stands, I'd say the best part is ITABTAW --> Rejoice --> Fire --> Tomorrow. Four quality songs, Rejoice and Tomorrow being two of U2's best.

The songs I could do without are Is That All? and I Fall Down. I tend to skip SIASL and October but I think they have their place on the album and I more skip them because I just don't feel the need to hear them again rather than due to any dislike.

October's currently #5 on my U2 album rankings. It's one of the albums that I think would benefit the least from remastering and tracklist order adjustments, though. War, Achtung, and especially Rattle And Hum would all move ahead of it if they were like my custom versions. Hell, maybe even Pop would.

Completely disagree. I actually skip the title track almost all the time now. Plus its placement in the tracklist is terrible; it should precede rather than succeed Tomorrow. As it stands, I'd say the best part is ITABTAW --> Rejoice --> Fire --> Tomorrow. Four quality songs, Rejoice and Tomorrow being two of U2's best.

The songs I could do without are Is That All? and I Fall Down. I tend to skip SIASL and October but I think they have their place on the album and I more skip them because I just don't feel the need to hear them again rather than due to any dislike.

I agree that the segueing of October after Tomorrow is less than ideal. It's just a very moving duo of songs.

God, Fire is terrible. It cracked me up reading in U2 By U2 about the general reaction to that being an official single. I do love Rejoice though, and the drums alone make Brick listenable. It's cool hearing U2 play that harshly.

I agree that the segueing of October after Tomorrow is less than ideal. It's just a very moving duo of songs.

God, Fire is terrible. It cracked me up reading in U2 By U2 about the general reaction to that being an official single. I do love Rejoice though, and the drums alone make Brick listenable. It's cool hearing U2 play that harshly.

I think the duo would be even more moving with October preceding Tomorrow. That combo worked incredibly live and I wish they'd pursued it a bit more.

I can't recall what U2 By U2 had to say about Fire. I just enjoy the song - love the guitar sound, and it's stupid fun to sing. And yeah, Brick's atmosphere and attitude really makes it stand out. I wish Larry would play with that intensity and passion more often.

I'm planning on listening to all of U2's albums again when the new album is closer to release.

I just listened to Station to Station in full twice in a row. It may be my favorite album ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom