Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn you, LMP, and your not-being-aroundness.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 510
User Name Posts
Axver 71
LemonMacPhisto 63
No spoken words 50
LemonMelon 48
bono_212 36
phillyfan26 34
RedRocksU2 31
gluey 31
KhanadaRhodes 25
Its Britastic! 14
Alisaura 13
cinnaminson 13
coolian2 13
DreamOutLoud13 10
Screwtape2 9
mysterious_jen 8
Dalton 8
phanan 7
RavenBlue 7
GirlsAloudFan 6
unico 4
The Sad Punk 4
Angela Harlem 4
UberBeaver 1

Well, he saw a brand of rum or something called Wild Irish Rose at a bottleshop there, at least ...!

Well I saw the city of angels
It brought a devil out in me
And Hell's hotel on Sunset
Showed a whore no mercy
As the orange sky was screaming
From the roof I let her go
These are the dizzying heights that brought me
My Wild Irish Rose

^ That entire verse references Los Angeles, I believe.

Oh, then Bono's infringing on Springsteen's territory? This could end in tears/litigation. :tsk:

Springsteen's written about New York numerous times. New York City Serenade, Incident on 57th Street, Jungleland off the top of my head...

Working in academia. :drool: I hope to work in either academia or some research place when I graduate in 14 years time. :hi5:

I'm desperate for it to work out, as I have no fucking clue what else I would do.

The worst part is, I want to stay living in Australia but my field is New Zealand history. :uhoh:

Oh, and in great news, I got pulled over today! My first RBT!!! It's only taken 16 years of driving to get the police to notice me.
:cute:

Well I saw the city of angels
It brought a devil out in me
And Hell's hotel on Sunset
Showed a whore no mercy
As the orange sky was screaming
From the roof I let her go
These are the dizzying heights that brought me
My Wild Irish Rose

^ That entire verse references Los Angeles, I believe.

Good catch. :up: Never thought about that.

Oh, and in great news, I got pulled over today! My first RBT!!! It's only taken 16 years of driving to get the police to notice me.
:cute:

You should've been going to a fancy-dress party. The one time my mother ever got pulled over in New Zealand, she and a group of friends were going to a fancy-dress party in ridiculous get-up. The police officer laughed so hard at the sight of them that he let her go without as much as a warning!

Good catch. :up: Never thought about that.

Yeah, though I'd say the song is more inspired by than about, at least if you compare it to New York. But then again, everything on ATYCLB is like taking a sledgehammer to nuance.

Surely there'd be a good need for NZ history here?

I'd like to hope so, and if I'm not grossly mistaken, a couple of leading scholars on Kiwi issues have relocated from New Zealand to Australia in the past and done quite well for themselves. Hopefully my field of interests will be diverse enough that I will be able to take courses on some stuff that may not specifically be about New Zealand but tie in with it, while doing my actual research on New Zealand. For example, a course on women's suffrage would inherently have to emphasise the role of New Zealand as the first country to give women the vote.

Sars is not the proper response. I'm probably going to get NSW to kill you, Khan.

Fuck, it's a mod! Everybody look well-behaved!

Alright, this might be leaning slightly racist but, trust me, it's just a joke. And a stupid one at that.

My friends and I, who are all white, if we see a police officer when we are out driving around it has become tradition for all of us to say "Act white!!! Act white!!!"

Usually inspires a chuckle or two.

I always forget KhanKhan is a mod :uhoh: Her and April remind me of the days when we'd rip it up in the black forum. Whatever it was called. Fun days.
:love:

The tradition for us when driving in the car is:

One person: Free!
Everyone else: Beer!

Usually gets a ticket or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom