Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dick, give me a review of Blood Meridian. No spoilers.

Hard to do that without spoilers.

It was very violent, more so than most of his work. Very brutal. Very dark....kind of an examination of the evil side of man. It's another of his works on late 19th or early 20th Century America, along the Texas/Mexico border. Not a lot of law and order.

He's probably at his most verbose in this book, which could be a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective. I love his prose, but some might want to toss the book across the room and root for some brevity. If you want brevity, he's not your man.

I loved it.

I am biased, though, I think that McCarthy is our greatest living American writer.

So Stardust Memories and Zelig was a good one-two Woody Allen punch for today. I don't care what Woody says, if Stardust isn't auto-biographical or related in any way to his stage persona, then what is it really about? Zelig's documentary approach was incredibly entertaining... it did what Forrest Gump did 11 years later, and did it better.

Our pool of people so far has been very good. It's hard to write a scathing review about say, Khan
:cute:

For me, it's been especially great because before these threads, I didn't participate in the "social life" side of Interference much at all, really. I just stuck with the on-topic forums. Sure, I was friends with a good number of people, but I didn't feel like I belonged to any group - I wasn't in the Bar, I wasn't an FYMer or a PLEBAn, etc. Then this awesomeness burst from nowhere. I find some of the other groups seem pretty hard to become a part of, either by accident or design, and I'd like to believe that the Superthreads are more open.
:yes: i finally feel like i belong :sad: seriously though, i do at least finally feel like i have a place on here within all the cliques. or clicks. i click with a clique.

interesting...any advice on purchasing a set of IEMs? I'm a drummer in a band, and I'd like to try them out...What are the most reliable kind? Or the best IEM's for the money? Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Rob33 is a drummer in a band, guys.

Sorry, I just had to share this little nugget of information.

Starting Clash of Kings now, I really hope the one sentence plot synopsis that I read accidently doesn't completely ruin it, cause it might have.

I dont' know, I can't believe it's still the same thread as when I fell asleep last night :wink:

Yeah, this place was initially chugging along. Then I decided to go to dinner/U2 3D and it died. U2 killed the thread, Ashley. It's all their fault. Bastards!

I freaking' hate U2. Jesus, always killing things I love, chopping down Joshua Trees and replanting them with Cedars of Lebanon or what have you :grumpy:

I wonder how many songs about New York the next album will have. :tsk:

Bono needs to buy a map or something.

I must admit, I'm liking this. The thread's been alive almost a day and I'm STILL not #1.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 477
User Name Posts
LemonMacPhisto 63
Axver 58
No spoken words 50
LemonMelon 47
bono_212 34
RedRocksU2 31
gluey 31
KhanadaRhodes 25
phillyfan26 22