Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah except that all my stuff is already moved in and unpacked all we have to get are a couple furniture pieces, the pool, and some of ashleys stuff.

We move alot too, usually only in the same city but now we moved to a city over. Like 5 times in the last 10 years, not nearly as much as you. So Im sorry that youve been put through that kind of misery so many times. :lol:

Ahh, that's good that it's nearly done then. And it's often nice a few days after you've moved in, once things are unpacked but the place hasn't gotten messy yet. I always have good intentions of keeping my new places that clean, but funnily enough, within a month, it's a disaster zone again ...

Most of my moving was just around the Gold Coast, including between three different houses on the same street, believe it or not. Though it also includes moving from New Zealand to Australia and then from the Gold Coast to Brisbane to Melbourne. Melbourne and Brisbane are about 20 hours apart if you drive - that move was a bit of a nightmare.

Hi phanan and Traviud. :wave:

That thread really isn't worth the time. Yes, let's pigeonhole what qualities a masterpiece must have!

:wave: Hey, 'Ver.

Yeah, I just made a crack about Achtung Baby and walked out. I was rather pleased, however, to hear that the new album is definitely finished. Now let's hope Larry will never hear it and and they keep the doors of the studio locked tight.

:wave: Hey, 'Ver.

Yeah, I just made a crack about Achtung Baby and walked out. I was rather pleased, however, to hear that the new album is definitely finished. Now let's hope Larry will never hear it and and they keep the doors of the studio locked tight.

:laugh: Good call. And yeah, it's fairly exciting to hear it's now essentially done. Wish that it would take less than a few months for it to be released, though. Making us wait until October/November is just silly. This isn't the 1980s any more.

:laugh: Good call. And yeah, it's fairly exciting to hear it's now essentially done. Wish that it would take less than a few months for it to be released, though. Making us wait until October/November is just silly. This isn't the 1980s any more.

I couldn't believe some of the crap I was reading in the thread for that new clip yesterday. People were claiming the song sounds like everything else without being able to hear much of anything about it. FFS, it was supposedly a live rehearsal.

I couldn't believe some of the crap I was reading in the thread for that new clip yesterday. People were claiming the song sounds like everything else without being able to hear much of anything about it. FFS, it was supposedly a live rehearsal.

Yeah. When I saw people say the recording was remarkably clear - well, I expected something better than that. You cannot make any substantial judgement based on that. I'm just glad that the little bit I can hear is not anything to dent my quiet optimism.

I would have been much harder on him.

I just read back in the thread. What was YLB's idea? You can PM me.

Nothing special. He was just going to rickroll him. He told me he decided against it, and that was it.

Believe me, I wanted to be harsher, but the criticism had to be constructive or he would have gotten pissed off. I probably should have lowered him to an even 6 for thinking Viva La Vida is one of the masterpieces of the decade.

Nothing special. He was just going to rickroll him. He told me he decided against it, and that was it.

Believe me, I wanted to be harsher, but the criticism had to be constructive or he would have gotten pissed off. I probably should have lowered him to an even 6 for thinking Viva La Vida is one of the masterpieces of the decade.

I can be constructive, but I'd have given him a lower score.

I honestly and earnestly ignore him, though. I refuse to read his posts. I figured his two posts there were just telling Night and Day she was a beautiful soul or something until you quoted him and made a review.

I was a bit surprised by the mark and positivity too. I thought if anybody was going to get slammed, it would be him. In fact, I've been surprised in general by the positivity of the reviews thus far. I'm sure you can imagine how different it would be if I were writing some of these. :wink:

I was a bit surprised by the mark and positivity too. I thought if anybody was going to get slammed, it would be him. In fact, I've been surprised in general by the positivity of the reviews thus far. I'm sure you can imagine how different it would be if I were writing some of these. :wink:

Our pool of people so far has been very good. It's hard to write a scathing review about say, Khan, or one of my fellow Musketeers. And let's face it, for all of Screwy's douchebaginess, he hasn't always been like this. We were all favorably disposed to him at some point. Just not anymore.

I'd have given Screwy a 3.5. The 3.5 through pure earnestness and desire to please people.

I think Screw's good years were a little before your time. Long before the superthreads, at least.

I knew of him. At first he pissed me off (don't remember why), then I was kind of indifferent, then I thought he was a pretty good guy who knew music pretty well, then I thought he was a little odd (ST era), and now I'm ignoring him.

Our pool of people so far has been very good. It's hard to write a scathing review about say, Khan, or one of my fellow Musketeers. And let's face it, for all of Screwy's douchebaginess, he hasn't always been like this. We were all favorably disposed to him at some point. Just not anymore.

I expected Wayne to get slammed. But yeah, the pool has been pretty good. I'm also not saying that I think Screwtape should have been slammed; I would have probably given a similar or slightly lower mark, but I would have gone about the review quite differently. Hell, I just about would have written a book to the guy, and if he reads this and wants a critique from me, I'd be happy to give it. I still like him. I just don't like what he has done recently. I look forward to the day when I stop ignoring him.

He was at his best when he didn't say anything at all and just let the music he liked speak for him. I didn't like that music much, but at least he didn't come across as he does now.

You know, I was reading over my drunkposting earlier, and I realised that I don't even need to ask for a review. PFan may have just outdone any review the rest of you could write with one single sentence.

PFan in Mollie's Nipple said:
Axver is a very serious person who takes being very serious very seriously.

:laugh: It's funny because it's true.

NSW's a big fan of GAF's rising stock. He sees Tremendous Upside Potential. I'd let him go for it.

So it shall be done.

Not sure who to assign Cin to. Do you want to field that one, Ax?

Is Ax even writing reviews? If so, I'd let him take it. If not, give that one to Mia.

Hm. I don't think it would be anything terribly interesting if I did.

My job is to, first and foremost, assign the person who knows whoever it is that's going to be criticized best so the rating will be as accurate as possible. If it's a tie, choose the person whose review would be most entertaining. You know her best, and I'm sure Mia's review wouldn't be anything terribly controversial either. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom