Shiny Toy Guns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Anyone heard of these guys (and gals). They just played a bar I work in in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. They sounded like something alot of U2 fans may like. I was quite surprised at the intensity of the show - sounded like they'd do fine in an arena. Not sure about the songs as I was working and couldn't pay attention but from what I heard it sounded pretty damn good.
I believe they're from Los Angeles???

I'm going to see them live Oct. 1 in Lawrence, Kan. They're opening up for Mute Math. I'm getting into their stuff on their myspace. It's not bad.

A friend of mine introduced me to them the other night. I heard "You Are the One." It's ok. I can't quite tell if I like this band or not. I think it's a little too pop sounding for me (not one to like pop or disco/dance music. But....

The song is catchy, has a great pre-chorus (yes the chorus is good, but it's rare to find a GREAT pre-chorus to songs. They seem to always get overlooked.

I've only heard their first two singles, (at least i assume that those are the first). They were pretty catchy and have beeen consistantly on any playlist i have made for the last couple of months. I would liek to hear the entire allbum though

I have their album We Are Pilots. Its pretty good IMO. I would see them live.

Back
Top Bottom