"she's taking her driver's test tomorrow"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
so saturday i leased a nissan altima. my first non-used new car.

so last night some douchebag and his daughter from a town over decided to practice parallel parking on my street and hit my new car, explaining to me afterwords that it was an accident and that "she's taking her driver's test tomorrow." mind you, the scratch, small one at that, is 4 feet from the bumper on the driver's side. she wasn't even close.

i don't think she's ready.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you're gonna teach your kid, do it with a couple of fuckin' trash cans in a parking lot.

phillyfan26 said:
If you're gonna teach your kid, do it with a couple of fuckin' trash cans in a parking lot.

Better yet, have her practice parallel parking next to your own cars! :)

Sorry your new car got scratched, Headache. I love the newer Altimas. My chronic brokeness prevents me from ever even thinking about getting one, but I do think they are lovely.

That really lousy, doubly so since your car is new. Bad judgement on the father's part, too, to just take her to some random neighborhood. Of course it was an accident, but why did he bring her to your street to begin with?

I hit a lot of garbage cans in my time :wink:

Lila64 said:
did you get the father's insurance information? :mad:

You definitely need to get this and have it fixed.

I have leased cars (as have other people I know) and you need to return them in near perfect condition in order to get your deposit back and not lose out on fees. Scratches and dents can kill you.

indra said:

Better yet, have her practice parallel parking next to your own cars! :)

That's how I learned...I practiced in our driveway between my dad's car and my sister's car. My sister was NOT pleased. :lol: I didn't hit anything though. :D

I also got a lot of driving lessons in the local cemetery. Dad said if I screwed up horribly, at least we'd already be at the perfect place.

JessicaAnn said:

You definitely need to get this and have it fixed.

I have leased cars (as have other people I know) and you need to return them in near perfect condition in order to get your deposit back and not lose out on fees. Scratches and dents can kill you.

Yeah, I was driving my dad's leased car, stopped in a left turn lane at a light, and some dumb blonde in a HUGE black thing apparently forgot the light was red and slammed into my dad's little civic. She tried to pass it off as "just a dent in the bumper", but I said no and made her hang up her stupid phone and call a cop.

The shitty part is though in MI we have no-fault insurance so if my dad didn't have connections in the insurance company he still would've had to pay the $500 deductible to have the dent fixed.

Liesje said:

The shitty part is though in MI we have no-fault insurance so if my dad didn't have connections in the insurance company he still would've had to pay the $500 deductible to have the dent fixed.

Ah, don't you love no-fault? :rolleyes: When my car got wrecked last year...completely not my fault...the insurance company still wanted me to pay the $500 deductible, which would come out of the money they were giving me because the car was a total loss. :angry: We protested, and it did get dropped...but the fact that we even had to that is ridiculous.

I HATE no fault!! :mad: Don't even get me started! And I've never even had a car!!!

However, it did work to Phil's benefit once. He was pulling out of a parking spot and this van was coming, but it appeared to wait for us so he went, but then it decided to go. Honestly, we didn't even feel anything until the lady came up behind us and flagged us down. She said there was a tiny scrape of green paint on her white van. Phil handed over our info, but nothing came of it, assuming she didn't think it would be worth paying $500 to have a scrape covered up. :macdevil:

I guess the law is different in Calif. If you get hit from behind, even if you were turning left from a right turn lane, the person hitting you from behind is at fault. I was at a stoplight once as well, and the light had turned green. I never had a chance to put my foot on the gas. The woman behind me in her SUV hit me. It must have cost a fortune to fix (not for us, but the insurance). We had a Toyota Camry Dlx rental car for 5 weeks while our car was being repaired. :shrug:

Lila64 said:
I guess the law is different in Calif. If you get hit from behind, even if you were turning left from a right turn lane, the person hitting you from behind is at fault. I was at a stoplight once as well, and the light had turned green. I never had a chance to put my foot on the gas. The woman behind me in her SUV hit me. It must have cost a fortune to fix (not for us, but the insurance). We had a Toyota Camry Dlx rental car for 5 weeks while our car was being repaired. :shrug:

I believe that is true as far as ticketing and traffic citations. The person rear-ending will always get the ticket and the penalties against them as far as their driving record. However for our insurance, "no fault" means each person's insurance company pays for their own car and you have to pay the $500 deductable.

Liesje said:

I believe that is true as far as ticketing and traffic citations. The person rear-ending will always get the ticket and the penalties against them as far as their driving record. However for our insurance, "no fault" means each person's insurance company pays for their own car and you have to pay the $500 deductable.

Wow, that's shit.
In Germany, the insurance of the driver who is at fault pays for both cars.
We also have part fault and such, so when both drivers made a mistake it gets evaluated how much fault is to be given to either party, and then both insurances will cover part of the costs.

Back
Top Bottom