She's afraid of the light in the dark...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
You say you don't want it again
and again but you don't really mean it
you say you don't want it
this circus we're in
but you don't you don't really mean it you don't really mean it

I can be cruel, I don't know why
why can't my ba.ll.oo.n stay up in a perfectly windy sky

She never let on how insane it was
in that tiny kinda scary house by the woods
by the woods
by the woods
by the woods
by the woods

If you want inside her
well, boy you better make her raspberry swirl :dance:

Make me laugh
say you know what you want
you said we were the real thing
so i show you some more and i learn
what black magic can do

Yeah, so I got From The Choirgirl Hotel... as you may have guessed by now. :wink:

Some of the songs esp. on the second half are still growing on me but overall I've already started to love this album! :love:

:appreciate:

I love Tori, but I'm mixed on "Choirgirl . . ." The songs I love, I love! But the ones I don't are just, meh . . . they're ok.

Love! "Liquid Diamonds", "Pandora's Aquarium", "Northern Lad", Jackie's Strength" and "Raspberry Swirl"

Pretty good, allright through so-so. "Spark", "Cruel", "Black Dove (January Girl)", "iiieeee", "Hotel"

Dislike. "She's Your Cocaine", "Playboy Mommy"

I guess I like more than I dislike, but it's still not an album I listen to from start to finish very often.

Now "Under the Pink" and "To Venus and Back" on the other hand! :drool: :drool:

Favorites: Playboy Mommy, Northern Lad, Spark, Black Dove (January), Hotel

An extremely solid Tori record. Glad you're liking it, Zoots! :)

I :heart: Choirgirl!

Spark, iieee, Cruel, Northern Lad :drool:

Liquid Diamonds is amazing live, as is the headbanging part of iieee.

Glad you're making your way through Tori's catalogue! :up:

:bump:

Don't judge me so harsh little girl
So you got a playboy mommy

:heart: my new favorite! Along with Pandora's Aquarium! :combust:

In fact, I think the only song I'm not too crazy about here is She's Your Cocaine.

Zootlesque said:

In fact, I think the only song I'm not too crazy about here is She's Your Cocaine.

That's also my least favorite song on Choirgirl. "Hotel" took awhile to grow on me, too, but now I like it.

I thought Choirgirl and To Venus and Back were such an interesting period for Tori. I'd like to see her return to some more experimental music.

Raspberry Swirl is one of my favorites on that album!!! The tour that went with that disc in '98 was just awesome. I don't think she's rocked out like that since. I'd like to see her return to something like that for the next tour. Don't get me wrong, I love her with just a piano and organ, but it would be awesome to hear her jam (for lack of a better word) again.

Jackie's Strength was another one of my favorites

I love Tori! I *think* I've seen her on every tour except for Little Earthquakes.

Favorite album? I never seem to have a straight answer for this question. I go back and forth between listening to the albums. (however, I must admit that I've never heard Y Kant Tori Read) Last month, I had Scarlet's Walk in my car for about a month. And before that it was From the Choirgirl Hotel. I think there are favorite songs from each album that I wish were one album :) I'd say overall that in the end, I still gravitate toward Little Earthquakes. Precious Things and Tear in Your Hand....love love love. And Winter and Crucify...well you get my point :)

I feel pretty much the same way, U2Girl416! Dunno if I have one clear favorite because her albums are all so unique and interesting. But overall I like Earthquakes the most and Under the Pink next I think... sometimes both the same.

I haven't heard anything from Y Kant.. either! :lol:

Last edited:
By the way, I just quickly put together an alternate Beekeeper by removing some of the clutter...

Parasol
The Power Of Orange Knickers
Jamaica Inn
Barons Of Suburbia
Sleeps With Butterflies
General Joy
Sweet The Sting
Mother Revolution
Original Sinsuality
The Beekeeper
Martha's Foolish Ginger
Goodbye To Pisces
Marys Of The Sea
Toast

:hmm:

What do you guys think?

Not that I don't like the songs I left out but they're probably closer to B-side material. Although, I'm not complaining that she put them on the actual CD :love:

Didn't wanna start a new thread on this as the Tori fan base seems to be limited on this forum. :slant:

ok, so I'm totally not raining on your parade or your list really, but I actually wasn't that thrilled with Beekeeper. I really liked Scarlet's Walk and after that, Beekeeper just didn't jump out at me. Sleeps with Butterflies was nice. The album could be one of those things that I just didn't give a chance, but it's not one of my favorites.

U2Girl416 said:
ok, so I'm totally not raining on your parade or your list really, but I actually wasn't that thrilled with Beekeeper. I really liked Scarlet's Walk and after that, Beekeeper just didn't jump out at me. Sleeps with Butterflies was nice. The album could be one of those things that I just didn't give a chance, but it's not one of my favorites.

That's okay. :wink: I actually listened to The Beekeeper before Scarlet's Walk and absolutely loved it! Then later I bought Scarlet's Walk and it kinda grew on me. Now I like SW more than TB but still listen to TB a lot!

U2Girl416 said:
did anyone happen to get the new "A Piano: The Collection"? Just wondering if it's any good before I drop that kind of $ on it...

Not me. Too expensive. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom