Sheep Appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At first I thought this thread was called a "SLEEP Appreciation Thread," and I was all ready to attest to the pleasures of a long lazy sleep.

Then I saw who posted it.

Dank%20Sheep.jpg
Thats for you pax :happy:

We like sheep a lot here in Mali. :drool: EATING sheep, that is.

oh man, right before Ramadan and Tabaski, you can't walk through the streets of the city without running over sheep. Every house has a few tied up waiting for the slaughter. And then, the morning of the celebration, the gutters run red with sheep blood. And we eat roast sheep meat all day long and the next day too.

mmmm sheeeeeeep

sulawesigirl4 said:
We like sheep a lot here in Mali. :drool: EATING sheep, that is.

oh man, right before Ramadan and Tabaski, you can't walk through the streets of the city without running over sheep. Every house has a few tied up waiting for the slaughter. And then, the morning of the celebration, the gutters run red with sheep blood. And we eat roast sheep meat all day long and the next day too.

mmmm sheeeeeeep

Which characther FG? The camera guy :flirt: Sheep are made for you know what...... not eating!

Being a native of New Zealand I thought I could offer some unique insight into the wonderful creature that is the sheep. Here are some interesting facts I'm sure that most of you already knew:

The first sheep landed in New Zealand with Captain Cook in 1773.

New Zealand's sheep population peaked at 73.3 million in 1982, this has now receeded to an amount around the 43 million mark (representing about 12 per person at this point).

The most common breed of sheep in New Zealand is the Romney, this is mainly because of it's ability to supply high quality meat & wool.

The One Tree Hill, sung about in U2's famous song is inhabited by several thousand sheep.

Grasslands in New Zealand have developed to the point where they can carry 25 sheep per hectare... impressive huh.
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom