She Bangs, She Bangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windmilllane

War Child
Ricky Martin Angered By Backlash From His Sexy 'Blender' Interview

01/17/2006 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
LAUNCH Radio Networks

Ricky Martin has struck back at critics who have attacked his ability to run his humanitarian foundation because of controversial statements the pop star made about his sex life in Blender magazine. In a letter in Spanish posted on Univision.com, Ricky said, "At the time I granted the interview never did it cross my mind that my comments would spark this absurd and sensationalist public discussion. I cannot avoid speculation about my career and life, but I cannot allow those for whom my foundation works to be affected because I am a public figure."

The backlash stems from an interview published last month, in which Ricky told Blender, "I love giving the 'golden shower.' I've done it before in the shower. It's like, so sexy, you know, the temperature of your body and the shower water is very different." Ricky went on to say, "I'm open to everything. There are moments for soft, gentle sex. And there are moments for a good spank in the butt."

The Ricky Martin Foundation is an advocate for children's rights and is actively involved in the fight against human trafficking. Ricky is also a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF.

Ricky kicked of his One Night Only tour in El Paso, Texas on Friday (January 13). The 18-city tour will make stops in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago before wrapping on February 15 in Orlando, Florida.

Windmilllane said:
Ricky told Blender, "I love giving the 'golden shower.' I've done it before in the shower. It's like, so sexy, you know, the temperature of your body and the shower water is very different."

:yikes:

Surely he doesn't realize what he has said!

Well, may all his showers be golden :laugh:

Does Ricky know what the golden shower even is? Call me old fashioned but I don't see what's so sexy about pissing on someone. :eyebrow: :ohmy:

Muggsy said:
most of you are lucky cuz you haven't seen his entire career :yuck:
:hmm: Actually, many of us who came of age in the '80s probably do remember spraying Kool-Aid out our noses while watching Menudo videos on television. The major networks used to air them on Saturday mornings in between cartoon show breaks, which was certainly an appropriate venue for them.

I particularly remember one atrociously naff little number about how great shopping malls are because you can even buy parrots that speak French at them, la la la la la, accompanied by the usual bewilderingly age-inappropriate (given the lyrical "content") pelvic gyrations and struts.

:crazy: God, what a curse it is to have a long memory.

When he releases his greatest hits CD he can call it, "Ricky Martins' Golden Shower of Hits!"

Back
Top Bottom