Shawshank Redemption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
Shawshank Redemption came on TV tonight and even though I have it on video and have seen it lots of times I sat and watched it all the way through. It still has the power to move me everytime I watch it. The acting is superb especially Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman whos voiceover adds a special appeal to the film.

The story is simple yet effective, friendship and Hope in the face of adversity.

I have come across film polls all over the internet and this film is always in the top 10 mostly the top 5.

What do my fellow U2 fans think of this film, Do you also rate it a classic or do you think its is overrated??

I personally think it is the best film ever made.

I have just bought a DVD player, does anybody have this film on DVD? If so what extras if anything are on the DVD?

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

it is indeed a wonderful film

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I like Tim Robbins a lot, so naturally I have seen (several times actually) Shawshank. I think it's a great movie. It can be long sometimes though, I like watching on Saturdays in the winter when it's sunny, but really cold. Something about watching it being comfy in bed makes it a lot better.

------------------
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.

Probably my favorite movie that I DON'T own...next to Under A Blood Red Sky, anyways.....

------------------
N A T E

"I want to dance in the dirty Florida rain..
Where The Streets Have No Name..."

-Bono,Miami, December 2,2001

I love that movie, I didn't want to see it at first, because I had read the story years before the movie was made. I was worried that King's vision would get hacked up, but it didn't.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
It made me cry.

Ditto. I was sobbing so hard I woke my dog up, even though I was covering my face with a pillow. A friend later asked, "Why? It's a happy ending." Exactly. Truly a classic.

That movie is excellent.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

amazing movie, one of my faves. Simple, subtle, inventive. A great date movie!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom