SHARK WEEK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhhh yes!

I used to get really excited for shark week when I was younger. I didn't even know it was still goin on. Thanks for the heads up, I might actually check it out.

great-white-shark-picture-014.jpg

:ohmy:

We were watching Cash Cab last night, and all the questions related to sharks. We were like WTF at first, then saw it was a theme week. Glad I wasn't in that cab!!!

ha i love cash cab!!!

how come shark week starts at 9pm everyday now?

This is always on the week before i go to the beach. :uhoh:

I :heart: Cash Cab and I love Shark Week!

I thought I heard somewhere that Ryan Seacrest was bitten by a shark recently? Did anyone hear this? He was apparently swimming?

To be bitten by a shark, that's usually what has to happen.

Shark Week is one of the coolest weeks of television, as far as I'm concerned.

I mean... if a shark comes to my house and bites me, that's an attack, but if I'm going in into the ocean, I'm the one trespassing, you know?

I mean... if a shark comes to my house and bites me, that's an attack, but if I'm going in into the ocean, I'm the one trespassing, you know?

:applaud: Exactly!

Nothing pisses me off more than when these ass-clowns go hunting for the "killer shark" after someone gets bitten.

a. The shark was just doing what sharks do
b. The concept of revenge on an animal is just stupid
c. how do you know you are catching the right shark?

Funny story: I've always been afraid of sharks, so much so, that I wouldn't swim in a pool alone because I'd start to picture them in my head, just below me or just behind me. I'd see myself as the girl on the Jaws poster, you know swimming on the surface with that MOUTH below me. Yes, I know a shark couldn't live in chlorinated water and how could they get into the pool (through the drain?) and all that, but fears tend to be irrational.

So anyway, I was just never in a pool by myself. One can still lead a normal life without ever being in a pool by onesself.

But now I'm training for a triathlon, which involves swimming. And occasionally, I'm the only one in the pool. The first time this happened, I tried to swim my laps with my head above water - NOT effective for improving form or time :lol: So I had to bite the bullet and just go for it.

The only way I can do this and not think of sharks and panic and swallow water and drown is by doing math in my head while swimming.

The downside of all of this, and the whole point of the story is... I CAN'T watch Shark Week :scream: and I'm sooooo bummed about it!
[/random]

Funny story: I've always been afraid of sharks, so much so, that I wouldn't swim in a pool alone because I'd start to picture them in my head, just below me or just behind me. I'd see myself as the girl on the Jaws poster, you know swimming on the surface with that MOUTH below me. Yes, I know a shark couldn't live in chlorinated water and how could they get into the pool (through the drain?) and all that, but fears tend to be irrational.

So anyway, I was just never in a pool by myself. One can still lead a normal life without ever being in a pool by onesself.

But now I'm training for a triathlon, which involves swimming. And occasionally, I'm the only one in the pool. The first time this happened, I tried to swim my laps with my head above water - NOT effective for improving form or time :lol: So I had to bite the bullet and just go for it.

The only way I can do this and not think of sharks and panic and swallow water and drown is by doing math in my head while swimming.

The downside of all of this, and the whole point of the story is... I CAN'T watch Shark Week :scream: and I'm sooooo bummed about it!
[/random]

lol, im not as bad as you are but whenever im in the ocean i picture a shark like swimming next to me or when im boogie boarding the shark is in the wave with me.

ive had the pool thing too happen but i go in by myself....:D

Back
Top Bottom