Sharing the Carbon Leaf Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Any other Carbon Leaf fans here? There music, to me, is almost indescribable. The lyrics are effortlessly poetic and profound, and they flow easily with the sound, which is rather U2-like--very melodic and smooth, but still *rock*. A hint of celtic.

Check 'em out if you haven't yet! :hyper:
You can here the new one "Indian Summer" here.

http://carbonleaf.com

They played here at my college in our gym at the beginning of our 2004-2005 academic year and I missed it because I was just in from Greece that night. I've got Echo Echo and enjoy it, and some of their songs have a lot more than a hint of celtic. Good band, though. Local-ish here... but I see you're also from VA so that sort of makes sense that you know them, then. :)

I saw them in DC a few years back. I couldn't really get into them, despite the fact that everyone in the DC/VA/MD area seems to love them. :slant: Maybe I should try again sometime.

I was introduced to Carbon Leaf a few years ago when they supported Great Big Sea on an East Coast swing. Saw them at 3 different shows and became quite a fan. They came to Iowa City about a year ago in a pub setting; they don't have much of a following here in the midwest.

You're correct in saying their music is indescribable. Roots/acoustic/folk pop would be the closest I could come to it. Nice guys, some of us were fortunate enough to join them at an afterparty in Richmond (I behaved myself thank you very much!)

I've always thought the early U2 song "Another Day" sounded vaguely Carbon Leaf-esque.

Back
Top Bottom