SHAKIRA's Cover Of AC/DC's 'Back In Black' To Surface On Upcoming DVD/CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
Colombian pop singer's SHAKIRA's previously unreleased cover of AC/DC's "Back in Black" will be included on her "Live and Off the Record" audio/visual documentation of last year's "Tour of the Mongoose". The set, due on March 30, will be packaged as a two-and-a-half-hour DVD with a ten-song bonus CD.

So wrong in so many levels :|

haaaa!

considering they didn't even want the beasty boys to use the riff of that song, because it's kinda a sacred AC/DC song, I don't think they'll be pleased with this one

hey... I went to that Shakira show here... alone... no girlfriend pressing me... just me.

I went basicly because the press was hyping it out as a super show... up there with Madonna and U2.... I had to see that.

It was a great show, it really delivered... and the biggest surprises were Back In Black (not a bad performance) and the amazing Dude Looks Like A Lady... I was all :drool: :shocked: and jumping like a maniac.

Maybe for you Shakira isn't "all that", but for us, who knew her first songs, it was amazing.

BTW: I'm not that big of a fan... I went for the hype... and because it could be the last time she comes here.. I don't know

I quite like Shakira just not the concept of her singing Back in Black.

I once saw Bjorn Again impersonating ABBA impersonating Nirvana singing Teen Spirit. :huh:

You're right, pepokiss.
I used to like Shakira before she sold out. When she was singing only in spanish. She used to be such a great singer and now she's al about the dancing and looking good. She is better than that. Hopefully s'he'll do like Ricky Martin and go back to singing in spanish and the same type of music.

Cheers

i like how anyone who tries to make the best possiable career for themselves is considered a "sell out."

is someone who opens up their own car dealership a "sell out" because he's not just some lowly mechanic anymore? of course not... so why is anyone who crosses into the "mainstream" automaticly considered a sell out?

i don't get it... good music is good music, bad music is bad music. wether or not that person looks good or dances should have nothing to do with it.

if a band today started slow and built a cult folowing on a small label, and then slowly got noticed more and more, and all of a sudden have songs playing on major rock radio and are selling out madison square garden and having #1 records and hit balad love songs going to #1 on the billboard charts... that band would be called a sell out.

if the same band started 24 years ago, they'd be called U2.

I have a photo of Shakira on my fridge. I like her. In the little fact file next to the picture it says..
"grew up listening to Nirvana, ACDC, Led Zepplin,INXS, The Cure, The Beatles and also Middle Eastern sounds because her dad is Lebanese....Signed her first record deal at 13 years old...speaks 3 languages, "but loves only in Soanish"...." :up:
I bought her Laundry Service album because I like "Underneath Your Clothes" and I recall saying "oh look she's written a song about a horse...cool" Well it's not about a horse, that song really hit home at the time. And I LOVE "Ojos Asi"...great dancing song.
I have a lot of admiration for the young woman.
As to this news of the release of her cover version? I imagine if you are a performer, doing concert after concert, there are times when you and the band just want to have some fun...I kinda like unexpected things.I'll reserve judgement until I hear it.

Now if she had covered a U2 song...well then that would be different
**cass polishes her chief of the U2 covers police badge.**

that would be " loves only in Spanish"
I thought they might speak Portugese in Colombia

"Tour of the Mongoose"...maybe she comes out on a BMX bike.
I'd like to see her in concert, I bet her band goes off at times.

cass said:
that would be " loves only in Spanish"
I thought they might speak Portugese in Colombia

:ohmy: :D no... we speak spanish

I'm from Colombia... but I don' like Shakira at all ... in fact, a lot of people here doesn't like her... She was cool before, but now is so artificial :|

Last edited:
My sister claims she can sing and dance like Shakira. :|

She performs for me when I go back home to visit her. :lmao: :heart:

Oh, feel free to do that in reference to my sister. :laugh:

I miss her. It is obvious that we are related. :heart:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'll listen to shakira's version of "back in black" every minute of every day for the rest of my life as long as you gaurantee me i'll never be forced to hear celine dion doing "you shook me all night long" ever again.

There was a show on Alice Cooper on Much Music the other night (possibly one of those VH1 shows) and in it Alice spoke of how great a singer Celine Dion is. I actually got the impression that they might be friends. Just imagine the dinner party.....

It's not just the fact that she dances and looks good it's just that the music is different now. If you would have heard her before and heard her now you would know the difference. The whole thing just screams "sell-out" and it gets annoying because she used to be good and now she sucks.

Most latin-americans agree on this. Maybe they don't dislike her now as much as I do but they do agree that she was much better before.

shakira-2.jpg

:drool:

celine.dion.jpg

:barf:

thanks for the new Shakira picture:lmao:
An Aussie comedian once sent her up,
sung to the tune of Wherever, Whenever..
" ..a concert here, a CD there
soon a line of underwear..."
she kept singing till she got trampled by the herd of horses from that film clip.
I saw her perform a song live on a TV show when she was in Oz. I thought she was good and really liked her band....but you get that:)
I don't like Celine 's voice in general, all that warbling, and I think she is just such an awkward looking person, she doesn't move well on stage at all...imho. BUT
her songs Falling Into You and I Don't Know shall always be dear to me.:heart:

Back
Top Bottom