Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Planet Terror is insane, but I love it. It's like if George Romero and John Carpenter were in a room with a mountain of cocaine and wrote a movie. Bloody, disgusting, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Death Proof is a cool slasher film with an interesting idea (a stuntman who stalks and kills girls with his car) and an unusual story structure, but it works. Like I said before, I'm a huge Tarantino fan, but I found most of the dialogue here to be self-indulgent and stilted. Maybe he's playing more to the genre than anything, I don't know, but it's a love-it-or-hate-it sort of film. I did absolutely love Kurt Russell and the cute Aussie chick in this though.

Planet Terror is insane, but I love it. It's like if George Romero and John Carpenter were in a room with a mountain of cocaine and wrote a movie. Bloody, disgusting, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Death Proof is a cool slasher film with an interesting idea (a stuntman who stalks and kills girls with his car) and an unusual story structure, but it works. Like I said before, I'm a huge Tarantino fan, but I found most of the dialogue here to be self-indulgent and stilted. Maybe he's playing more to the genre than anything, I don't know, but it's a love-it-or-hate-it sort of film. I did absolutely love Kurt Russell and the cute Aussie chick in this though.

that's the first decent thing i've heard about planet terror, and i value your opinion a great deal, so maybe i will watchit after all :D

I love how, despite my 8am start yesterday and good intentions to fix my sleeping schedule, I automatically went back to sleeping in past midday. Ah well.

Next semester's 10am starts on two days are going to be BRUTAL.

I love how, despite my 8am start yesterday and good intentions to fix my sleeping schedule, I automatically went back to sleeping in past midday. Ah well.

I have to get up at 7am at the earliest every day I have to go in next semester, and 6am on Friday.

At least I'll have Wednesday and Thursday off.

Ugh, I just gave my next semester schedule another lookover today, and I realized that I screwed it all up because my school is STUPID and won't let me sign up for 18 credit hours until the semester starts, so I waitlisted a class, and only just now realized that it's at the same time as a class I'm already in, so when I went to change the time of the class I'm already in, I discovered that it was full as well :sigh:

I have to get up at 7am at the earliest every day I have to go in next semester, and 6am on Friday.

At least I'll have Wednesday and Thursday off.

OUCH.

Tuesdays and Thursdays look like being 10am classes, which will mean I'll have to get up by 8:45 at the latest - preferably 8. But I will hopefully have Monday off and my streak of never having university on Friday looks like continuing, so I'm glad about that.

that's the first decent thing i've heard about planet terror, and i value your opinion a great deal, so maybe i will watchit after all :D

Awesome, I hope you enjoy it.

Thank You for Smoking is great, too, Ian.

Looking at it again, 10-3 on Mondays (two lectures three hours apart).

May be skipping those.

10-4 on Tuesday, two tutorials and a lecture.

9-11 on Friday.

I don't think I'll be complaining about that.

OUCH.

Tuesdays and Thursdays look like being 10am classes, which will mean I'll have to get up by 8:45 at the latest - preferably 8. But I will hopefully have Monday off and my streak of never having university on Friday looks like continuing, so I'm glad about that.

I actually do my best work in the mornings, which is why I prefer morning exams.

I hate dicking around for a long period of the day only to have to suddenly focus on something in the afternoon.

I wish the Political Science department at Melbourne would ditch its stupid idea of doing two 1-hour lectures a week. History does one 1.5-hour lecture a week, which I love. Back in Queensland, both departments did one 2-hour lecture and that was a bit long, but 1.5 hours works quite well. Having to go in twice is just a pain, especially when it's morning lectures like this upcoming semester.

I know, it's not much to complain about really. But since I've got to the point where I'm just doing PolSci to make up the numbers and my passion is only in History, I feel like whinging about it anyway.

I actually do my best work in the mornings, which is why I prefer morning exams.

I hate dicking around for a long period of the day only to have to suddenly focus on something in the afternoon.

See, I have always preferred an afternoon exam. Then I can sleep in without worrying about alarms or anything, comfortably eat breakfast/lunch, travel in at my leisure, and not feel rushed before the exam.

In terms of general work, though, I do my best work either very late at night, i.e. 11pm-2am, or in the very early morning, 6-8am.

3 hour graduate seminars were the worst for me. They were only once a week, but they lasted forever, especially the nighttime ones :crack:

2 weeks until The Dark Knight and Mamma Mia open!

3 weeks until The X-Files!

:hyper:

Dark Knight I'm not so excited about, but I really wanna see Mamma Mia :reject:

but I ened to hurry up and finish watching Anthology, I didn't realize X-Files was so close :yikes:

What, LMP - you not an ABBA fan? :wink:

Yeah, not so much. Plus, I'll have to hear all of my Drama Club friends raving about it for a year, like Hairspray... meh.

Ashley, you not a fan of Batman? Or things that are bound to be awesome?

Dark Knight I'm not so excited about,

Say what now????

I freaking love ABBA, and musicals, and pretty men on the screen (Pierce Brosnan! Colin Firth!), and a friend of mine saw a screening last week and said it was fantastic. Yay!

Say what now????

I freaking love ABBA, and musicals, and pretty men on the screen (Pierce Brosnan! Colin Firth!), and a friend of mine saw a screening last week and said it was fantastic. Yay!

I wanna see it, don't get me wrong, I'm just not DYING to see it...(though I'm not dying to see mamma mia either, but you got it right with pretty men COLIN FIRTH!)

3 hour graduate seminars were the worst for me. They were only once a week, but they lasted forever, especially the nighttime ones :crack:

Eek. I haven't even checked to see if we get stuck with that sort of thing in History at the postgrad level. I know some poor undergrads, e.g. various sciences, get stuck with 3 hour sessions here, though. Unlucky bastards.

Say what now????

Time to horrify you, then: I don't give a shit about The Dark Knight.

Also, I didn't know until about two days ago that there's even an X-Files movie coming up. I thought that had long since vanished off the radar.

See, I have always preferred an afternoon exam. Then I can sleep in without worrying about alarms or anything, comfortably eat breakfast/lunch, travel in at my leisure, and not feel rushed before the exam.

In terms of general work, though, I do my best work either very late at night, i.e. 11pm-2am, or in the very early morning, 6-8am.

I tend to do my best work when I'm rushed and/or cornered like a rat.

Time to horrify you, then: I don't give a shit about The Dark Knight.

Philistine.

Also, I didn't know until about two days ago that there's even an X-Files movie coming up. I thought that had long since vanished off the radar.

Believe me - even the old diehard fans were surprised. I didn't believe it would actually happen.

"They're talking about a movie!" Uh-huh.

"There's a script!" Yeah right.

"They're filming in Vancouver!" .... hmmm, really?

"There's a release date!" OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom