Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not anymore. It closed a few years ago :(

I wasn't so popular when I did actually start rooting for it to sink in the theater.

Sad day.

Maybe it was because I was 11 when i saw Titanic, but I LOVED it I'm slightly embaresed by taht fact now, but man oh man, at the time.

That was pretty much my reaction to Da Vinci Code. So silly, but I couldn't put it down because I was sucked in completely.

Boogie Nights and LA Confidential are the standouts in that group for me, with Jackie Brown a notch behind, then Waiting for Guffman and Good Will Hunting. I did not like As Good as it Gets as much as everyone else, despite my love of Nicholson and James L Brooks. I suspect it had to do with my utter disdain for Helen Hunt.

I'd agree with that order. Jackie Brown is the most underrated out of that pack though, since it's more restrained than most of QT's other work. I'd put it second to Pulp Fiction as his best, with Reservoir Dogs in a close 3rd. I love Dogs, since it's greater and more badass than any debut ever should be, but Jackie's gotten better each time I've seen it.

Did you read Angels and Demons? DO IT! :lmao: I swear, I've never laughed so hard at something, and been so utterly fascinated with what would happen next

I'll never waste my time on Dan Brown again. I was at least hoping the Da Vinci Code film would be good, since the book sucked but had the makings of a decent action flick.....but no.

That was pretty much my reaction to Da Vinci Code. So silly, but I couldn't put it down because I was sucked in completely.

I just didn't get it. NOTHING HAPPENS. They stay in some guys house half the book. I liked the movie a lot more to be honest. Maybe it was the score, maybe it was my devout love for Tom Hanks, or THAT GUY who plays the chief of police. I dont' know, but it was something I'll watch again. Reading that book again....maybe if I have absolutely nothing left to read

I saw The Da Vinci Code twice in theaters with two different sets of friends. The first time I was hoping it'd be good and was disappointed, the second time I was laughing my ass off. The albino monk cracked me the hell up.

I don't really want to bother with the book or its prequel, no matter what my mom tells me.

I'll never waste my time on Dan Brown again. I was at least hoping the Da Vinci Code film would be good, since the book sucked but had the makings of a decent action flick.....but no.

Well, if the movie's as true to form as the book, at least see the movie for Angels and Demons then. I swear, I just :lmao: can I spoiler?

I'd agree with that order. Jackie Brown is the most underrated out of that pack though, since it's more restrained than most of QT's other work. I'd put it second to Pulp Fiction as his best, with Reservoir Dogs in a close 3rd. I love Dogs, since it's greater and more badass than any debut ever should be, but Jackie's gotten better each time I've seen it.

I've yet to see Death Proof, shame on me. I am a big Quentin fan, though, and like the Kill Bills a lot more than most people I know, or most people on this site. I think Jackie Brown is excellent, but not quite at LA Confidential or Boogie Nights level. Boogie Nights blows me away every time. Amazing that it's the first big budget film for PT Anderson. It more or less screams "I have an amazing future ahead of me" to me. I'm the guy that loves Punch Drunk Love, so yeah. :)

I want to see Death Proof and whatever the other one was called, but only if they come complete with the fake movie trailers I heard so much about.

I loved both Kill Bills, a lot more than I was expecting to.

:lmao: I'm wathcing the baseball game, and Bob just started talking about Lollapalooza, and he's just getting WAY too excited.

I want to see Death Proof and whatever the other one was called, but only if they come complete with the fake movie trailers I heard so much about.

I loved both Kill Bills, a lot more than I was expecting to.

Starz has been showing Grindhouse in its entirety, with all of the trailers intact. That's the way to see it - the two films don't stand too well on their own. I loved Death Proof the first time I saw it, but after re-visiting it later, I found myself pretty bored with the dialogue... and I'm a huge fan of Quentin's dialogue. The 20 minute car chase at the end is astounding though.

I'm waiting to revisit Kill Bill when it gets a spiffy DVD release with the two of them combined into one 4-hour cut. I do remember liking them a great deal though, with 2 edging out 1 for me.

I finally got around to seeing the Kill Bills last summer. I watched them back to back and loved them. I can't imagine watching them separately.

Chass told me Machete's going to be made into a real film, anyone heard anything else about taht?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom