Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do all of the guys with bushy eyebrows in Dune look like they have herpes all over their mouths? Is the spice flow fucking their shit up?

Oh damn, it's Sting.

Sigh, time to be lame:

When they played Gardening at Night at their Hall of Fame induction, I cried a little bit. Just, I don't know....always loved the song, the band have been part of my life since 1984 or so......and Berry was playing with them for the night. I'm a dork, whatever.

:) :hug:<--- of the heterosexualman kind.

I really need to listen to more '80s R.E.M. Gardening at Night is one of my favorites from that period though.

GAF, you got into them way back when in 1982??? :ohmy:

Haha no. I got into them only like 3 years ago actually. But that was the song that really helped my conversion.

Sigh, time to be lame:

When they played Gardening at Night at their Hall of Fame induction, I cried a little bit. Just, I don't know....always loved the song, the band have been part of my life since 1984 or so......and Berry was playing with them for the night. I'm a dork, whatever.

Beautiful song. Beautiful performance. Nothing "lame" about shedding a sentimental tear for that song. You get the feeling during that performance that the song means a LOT to the band. :up:

Why do all of the guys with bushy eyebrows in Dune look like they have herpes all over their mouths? Is the spice flow fucking their shit up?

Oh damn, it's Sting.

It's the Sapho juice they drink. The Mentats drink that stuff for higher brain function, and it stains their lips.

Best part about the above two sentences? They're not made up by me, it's all true within the framework of Dune.

It's the Sapho juice they drink. The Mentats drink that stuff for higher brain function, and it stains their lips.

Best part about the above two sentences? They're not made up by me, it's all true within the framework of Dune.

Oh, okay. The Baron of Harkonnen is a creepy dude, I remember him scaring me as a kid.

All I know that's going on is that The Emperor is conspiring with the Baron to get rid of House Atreides, the spice controls everything, and Paul Atreides scares the shit out of everyone because of a prophecy.

that's what everyone keeps telling me...

LMP, don't you love me?

It really is true. The first two and last two of the original Dune books are outstanding. Frank Herbert wrote 6 Dune books in all. Then his son wrote a ton of prequels and sequels, which were maybe 1/25th as good as Daddy's work. I had to read them all, of course, being a fan, but yeah.

Ha. We'll just agree to disagree. :)

YLB, that summary was fairly accurate. It's a lot more byzantine than that, but you hit the core.

That's good.

Man, I remember playing Dune II on my old PC as a kid. Fucking loved that game... always played as House Harkonnen, too.

that's what everyone keeps telling me...

LMP, don't you love me?

Elfa, are you playing your love games with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom