Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with Laz (and he's the first to admit this himself) is that he can be a tad pretentious some times...

Other than that, I enjoy reading his posts, i still remember him on WIRE arguing with jick about Pop :cute:

That's what first made me attack him. But, yeah, he grew on me and now I'm glad he did. He's turned me on to a lot of good movies, music and TV shows....and hopefully I've returned the favor a little bit.

For the record, I am a Laz fan. There are a lot of assholes on this forum, but he's one of the hysterically funny ones. Most of his arguments are valid as well. :up:

GAF! :hi5:

Love that pic you posted of the Stripes! :cute:

Yeah, the Stripes rule. One of my best friends is the BIGGEST White Stripes fan in the world, and he actually looks a lot like Jack White and has the whole long hair deal, too. He's a really good guitar player also and models his playing style after Jack White. Kinda funny.

Yeah, the Stripes rule. One of my best friends is the BIGGEST White Stripes fan in the world, and he actually looks a lot like Jack White and has the whole long hair deal, too. He's a really good guitar player also and models his playing style after Jack White. Kinda funny.

Sounds like the beginnings of a tribute band to me!

Sounds like the beginnings of a tribute band to me!

Well not a tribute band exactly. But my group of friends do mess around with the ol' guitars and drums from time to time. We can all play the guitar ranging from decently to very well and we've written a good number of songs.

Nothing will ever come of it most likely, but it's fun.

Okay who else is gonna admit to re-labeling the last 5 tracks of the Dead Letter Office CD as Chronic Town? Surely, I can't be the only obsessive one here. :wink:

Wolves Lower :combust:

Okay who else is gonna admit to re-labeling the last 5 tracks of the Dead Letter Office CD as Chronic Town? Surely, I can't be the only obsessive one here. :wink:

Wolves Lower :combust:

Oh GAWD, Chronic Town is lovely.

Gardening At Night is probably the R.E.M. song that is nearest to my heart. And that is saying something. It was the song that made it click for me with R.E.M. I realized how amazing they were when I heard that song.

Funnily enough, Stipe has said that Gardening At Night is "the song that made us realize we could actually write songs"

I love the version of Gardening At Night on Eponymous! You can actually understand Stipe there. GAF, you got into them way back when in 1982??? :ohmy:

Oh GAWD, Chronic Town is lovely.

Gardening At Night is probably the R.E.M. song that is nearest to my heart. And that is saying something. It was the song that made it click for me with R.E.M. I realized how amazing they were when I heard that song.

Funnily enough, Stipe has said that Gardening At Night is "the song that made us realize we could actually write songs"

Sigh, time to be lame:

When they played Gardening at Night at their Hall of Fame induction, I cried a little bit. Just, I don't know....always loved the song, the band have been part of my life since 1984 or so......and Berry was playing with them for the night. I'm a dork, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom