Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's possible, over the internet, to gauge whether or not someone has a quick temper...but PhillyFan seems to have one.

And I like it.

That thread literally drove PFan insane. I'm glad he came back from it, he could have sustained permanent damage. Stupidity drives us all nuts, but it kind of knocks THE HISTORIAN for an even bigger loop than most of us.

I've probably been on forums in some capacity for a good 9-10 years now. It's a fact: arguing with morons on the interwebs is not for everyone. It's serious business.

Fuck, I relate with Pfan. Why do you think I stay out of FYM?

My favorite msmofogone moment is when she tried to convince us that the Chicago Blackhawks farm team (in Atlanta :rolleyes: ) was better than all NHL teams combined :lol:

That's in the past. In the future, they will win all of their games EASILY. She will be proven right.

Well, I suppose I should get some sleep. Have a good one, folks. :wave:

I've probably been on forums in some capacity for a good 9-10 years now. It's a fact: arguing with morons on the interwebs is not for everyone. It's serious business.

Fuck, I relate with Pfan. Why do you think I stay out of FYM?

Have you noticed that I, on occasion, might seek to argue with morons? Just now and then.

:)

I relate all too well. But, it impacts him more than it does me, cos with age I've gotten a little better. Which leads one to wonder just how bad I used to be, if this is me being better. :)

Have you noticed that I, on occasion, might seek to argue with morons? Just now and then.

I relate all too well. But, it impacts him more than it does me, cos with age I've gotten a little better. Which leads one to wonder just how bad I used to be, if this is me being better. :)

You're not bad at all in heated debates. You don't sidestep them completely with sarcasm like Dalton does (and I enjoy doing), but I've never really seen you get genuinely exasperated before.

Except for with Gabe. But he's not of this world.

You're not bad at all in heated debates. You don't sidestep them completely with sarcasm like Dalton does (and I enjoy doing), but I've never really seen you get genuinely exasperated before.

Except for with Gabe. But he's not of this world.

I've had an FYM moment or two, which contributed to my leaving.

I lost it on Gabe, yeah. I lost it on U2Kitten, Mofogone. Maybe a few others. I got into it with Lance once. If You Shout, too. Though, I've come to like those guys. Wait. I used to attack Laz a bit, but also came to like him. Hell, you and I went at it over QB Rating, and I wanted to reach through the screen and slap you, but, I already "knew" you at that point and knew that you were far from a moron.

Maybe I filter the exasperation I'm truly feeling out a bit.

I used to attack Laz a bit, but also came to like him.

Really? Wow. I would have liked to have seen that. Seems like you guys are good chums.

Laz has gotten in a few arguments over the last month or so that I have watched from a distance. Bottom line...

Laz always wins.

Really? Wow. I would have liked to have seen that. Seems like you guys are good chums.

Laz has gotten in a few arguments over the last month or so that I have watched from a distance. Bottom line...

Laz always wins.

Not always. :)

Yeah, if I recall, it was very mild, but, it was over Spielberg, which if you know Laz, is not a surprise. The more I interacted with him the more I liked him, but, he's not everyone's cup of tea, kind of like Dalton or myself, I'd imagine. We're all misunderstood. :)

I've had an FYM moment or two, which contributed to my leaving.

I lost it on Gabe, yeah. I lost it on U2Kitten, Mofogone. Maybe a few others. I got into it with Lance once. If You Shout, too. Though, I've come to like those guys. Wait. I used to attack Laz a bit, but also came to like him. Hell, you and I went at it over QB Rating, and I wanted to reach through the screen and slap you, but, I already "knew" you at that point and knew that you were far from a moron.

Maybe I filter the exasperation I'm truly feeling out a bit.

QB rating is valid, but yes, you were right before. It's not the true measure of a man.

My anger gets filtered out through humor and sarcasm. I didn't have it in me to kill Screwy with a 25 page rant about what it means to be a human being of value, so I posted Smiths lyrics. That's how I roll.

We all have to cope somehow.

QB rating is valid, but yes, you were right before. It's not the true measure of a man.

My anger gets filtered out through humor and sarcasm. I didn't have it in me to kill Screwy with a 25 page rant about what it means to be a human being of value, so I posted Smiths lyrics. That's how I roll.

We all have to cope somehow.

I'm the idiot that quoted the lyrics of "Shaft" to one of his posts, so, yeah.

Not always. :)

Yeah, if I recall, it was very mild, but, it was over Spielberg, which if you know Laz, is not a surprise. The more I interacted with him the more I liked him, but, he's not everyone's cup of tea, kind of like Dalton or myself, I'd imagine. We're all misunderstood. :)

In danger of coming off as a Lazarus apologist or fanboy or something...I think it's weird how he seems to be a thorn in a lot of people's sides. I get the feeling that he gets under the skin of quite a few posters here, and they don't like him.

I think he's fucking hilarious and well-spoken and he's one of my favorite things about this forum.

I'm the idiot that quoted the lyrics of "Shaft" to one of his posts, so, yeah.

We have it easy. By this point THE HISTORIAN is expected to do all the debating, and our job is to bring the lolz and maybe toss in a valid discussion point or three. I like my job. Comes with a nifty severance package too.

In danger of coming off as a Lazarus apologist or fanboy or something...I think it's weird how he seems to be a thorn in a lot of people's sides. I get the feeling that he gets under the skin of quite a few posters here, and they don't like him.

I think he's fucking hilarious and well-spoken and he's one of my favorite things about this forum.

I obviously agree, but he sometimes treats opinion as fact, and that's a turn-off. I do it too, obviously, so I relate. But, he'll sometime berate or belittle people's tastes or opinions, and that does not sit well with everyone. He attacks when sometimes there's no call for it...no different than myself at times.

We have it easy. By this point THE HISTORIAN is expected to do all the debating, and our job is to bring the lolz and maybe toss in a valid discussion point or three. I like my job. Comes with a nifty severance package too.

We abandoned our old job. Giving ratings to interlanders.

WE ABANDONED OUR JOB!!! WE ABANDONED OUR STORE!!!

That was insane. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a thread of similar potential in the future.

Anyway guys, I gotta go to an 'I GET TOO ACT LIKE SOMEBODY WHO'S SPECIAL' trip, so I'm out, catch you later. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom