Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, faint stirrings of hunger :hyper:

time for leftover hamburger on the last two slices of bread. I swear there was half a frickin loaf there when I left this morning.

I wasn't still at work at 8.25... and I can't say I made up any actual work time as such after I did get back.

Damn that person for sending me the Bubbles game. :reject:

:laugh: What a productive employee you are. :wink:

Is that the bubble game where you shoot them to make rows of the same colour, the game that was popular on here a couple of years back? I remember wasting far too much time on that one semester when I should've been studying ...

Ah shit, I forgot to buy new headphones while I was out today. I'm sick of the right headphone cutting out intermittently in my current pair. I'm also sick of buying new headphones roughly every 18 months when I treat every pair very well. :|

And next in the Riveting Chronicles of Axver ...

:laugh : What a productive employee you are. : wink:

Is that the bubble game where you shoot them to make rows of the same colour, the game that was popular on here a couple of years back? I remember wasting far too much time on that one semester when I should've been studying ...
One day of slacking compared to EVERY FUCKING DAY by the guy who sits next to me? They can suck it up. :wink:

And yes, that sounds like it. With this one it's three (or more) of the same colour together and they disappear... it's in an Excel sheet :shifty:

jeeesus i really have to do something baout my lifestyle, gotta love it when ya heart stops and everything starts going black. :hmm:
:yikes:

Jeebus. Go see a doctor!!

:drool: :combust: :drool: :combust: :drool: :combust:

MW is my favourite ever live song. Bar none.

:madwife: at the person who left it out of U23D.

Edit: Ooh, we can have 12 images now? Neat.

Ah shit, I forgot to buy new headphones while I was out today. I'm sick of the right headphone cutting out intermittently in my current pair. I'm also sick of buying new headphones roughly every 18 months when I treat every pair very well. :|

And next in the Riveting Chronicles of Axver ...

... Axver spends more than $10 on headphones. :wink:

... Axver spends more than $10 on headphones. :wink:

:lol: I'm quite tempted to fork out on expensive cordless headphones, in the hopes I'll get what I pay for PLUS have cordless coolness, but I'm just paranoid they'll also fuck up within 18 months,

One day of slacking compared to EVERY FUCKING DAY by the guy who sits next to me? They can suck it up. :wink:

And yes, that sounds like it. With this one it's three (or more) of the same colour together and they disappear... it's in an Excel sheet :shifty:

Haha! You know, when I began reading that sentence, I thought you were going to refer to me as the person slacking off every day! I am, after all, astonishingly good at slacking. Even on my slacking tasks, I slack off. Still need to finish Part III of the procrastination exercise that's been on my blog lately.

An Excel spreadsheet? Ha, awesome.

:lol: I'm quite tempted to fork out on expensive cordless headphones, in the hopes I'll get what I pay for PLUS have cordless coolness, but I'm just paranoid they'll also fuck up within 18 months,

Only one way to find out, buddy. Take a chance!! :D

Or ask a question in one of the forums, I'm sure you will be bombarded with recommendations of brands you've never heard of.

Only one way to find out, buddy. Take a chance!! :D

Or ask a question in one of the forums, I'm sure you will be bombarded with recommendations of brands you've never heard of.

:lol: Yeah. Well, the headphones seem to have entirely failed now, I'm getting nothing out of the right channel. Guess I'm stuck with speakers or the iPod earbuds tonight.

Not even sure quite where to go to get new ones. I was figuring I'd just call into a Dick Smith, though they're probably overpriced.

Jen's been killing me with You Tube. Must listen to Irving Plaza gig tonight... I sometimes forget that even if I don't like ATYCLB, the (pre) Elevation gigs weren't all songs from it :D

:drool:

I got mine in Kmart. There was a sale on, they were from a cabinet in the audio section so they can't have been that bad, they fit over my whole ear and have squooshy cushion stuff, and they cost me maybe $40. And they sound GOOOOOD.

Dude, it's worth it.

Jen's been killing me with You Tube. Must listen to Irving Plaza gig tonight... I sometimes forget that even if I don't like ATYCLB, the (pre) Elevation gigs weren't all songs from it :D

:drool:

Yeah, the Irving Plaza and Astoria gigs are pretty good, for sure. It's funny though - I enjoy almost all of Irving Plaza except 11 O'clock Tick Tock, the one song which on paper I should enjoy the most.

Ha, just found out why the headphones stopped working. Popped it open and discovered a couple of important wires had frayed apart and must have just detached.

How long have you had your headphones, Ali? Guess I'm off to Dick Smith or Kmart or Target or wherever tomorrow.

It's not quite Geelong though ... damn you, cin and Danny!

Ah, cool. Well, I'll see what I can find tomorrow. It just doesn't feel right to not have my headphones on! And those iPod earbuds get astonishingly uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

I have my earphones in half the day at work, although not continuously cos idiots keep asking me questions or phoning me or otherwise interrupting my music-listening. :lol:

I thought my earphones were dying last year, so I bought a new set before I went overseas... but luckily they're still kicking! I love these earphones, I've had them for nearly ten frickin years, they're from a walkman (yes, a TAPE player), and they fit perfectly. These newfangled things with the loose rubbery bit freak me out. Do not want.

OK, so if less than 5 hours of sleep last night for trains wasn't bad enough, now I'm being awfully tempted to head up to Castlemaine on the 26th for this, the first time two J class locomotives have run together since 1970 ...

Fucking railways!

I have my earphones in half the day at work, although not continuously cos idiots keep asking me questions or phoning me or otherwise interrupting my music-listening. :lol:

I thought my earphones were dying last year, so I bought a new set before I went overseas... but luckily they're still kicking! I love these earphones, I've had them for nearly ten frickin years, they're from a walkman (yes, a TAPE player), and they fit perfectly. These newfangled things with the loose rubbery bit freak me out. Do not want.

Just pretend you can't hear them. :wink: "Sorry, too busy working ... on my music appreciation ..."

Wow, that's impressive. And, you know, I think I may actually have an old walkman lying around somewhere too. It's probably in pretty good working order, since I don't recall ever using it a terrible lot. I think my mother's attempt to get me to keep my Shadows cassettes to myself rather than blasting them on the stereo in the lounge failed. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom