Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah cos its so hard to understand that someone would lay down theoir drumn tracks and fucl off for a few weeks ! :lol:

They'z dun play live in tha stewdeo? :ohmy:

Actually, I think it would be kind of cool if U2 laid down some new tracks live and released soundboard copies with the audience noise absent as the "studio" version. I don't know, maybe it's a silly idea. But U2 seem to so consistently improve on their songs live that I think there's at least some merit there.

It's safe to say it's all pretty fucking irrational, anyway.

Well, yeah.

Personally, I'd like to think I approach my attitude to transport safety rationally. On the road, people are fucking insane, but we generally seem to get by, and most prangs don't result in loss of life. If a ship went down, I'm a good swimmer and I have a strong sense of direction, so I'd like to think I could make it to shore. On a train, I know I am statistically almost certain to survive a disaster (plus I know where to sit, what to do, etc.). But if a plane goes down - well, what are the figures like? Just about every crash seems to end with total or majority loss of life, but I realise I'm not following plane crashes as closely as train crashes.

Though if you base things statistically on the odds of a Kiwi male being killed, they're near non-existent in all cases.

And I bring the thread killage.

Suppose I should go cook dinner anyway.

Ali's probably still at work, making up for the long lunch we had! :laugh:

And cin and Danny need to get their arses online.

Well, yeah.

Personally, I'd like to think I approach my attitude to transport safety rationally. On the road, people are fucking insane, but we generally seem to get by, and most prangs don't result in loss of life. If a ship went down, I'm a good swimmer and I have a strong sense of direction, so I'd like to think I could make it to shore. On a train, I know I am statistically almost certain to survive a disaster (plus I know where to sit, what to do, etc.). But if a plane goes down - well, what are the figures like? Just about every crash seems to end with total or majority loss of life, but I realise I'm not following plane crashes as closely as train crashes.

Though if you base things statistically on the odds of a Kiwi male being killed, they're near non-existent in all cases.

I'm fairly happy that I'm unlikely to be in a boat sinking or train or plane crash - I'll listen to any safety instructions beforehand, and if I'm alive after the impact I'll take it from there.

But the fact remains, how likely is ANYONE going to be in that situation?

Dear frying pan,

More frying, less spitting oil at me.

Cheers,
Ax

Jen, the Muse sampler thing finally uploaded - see your e-mails.

I'm fairly happy that I'm unlikely to be in a boat sinking or train or plane crash - I'll listen to any safety instructions beforehand, and if I'm alive after the impact I'll take it from there.

But the fact remains, how likely is ANYONE going to be in that situation?

Actually, that's the one safety thing boats and planes do have over trains - you generally get advance warning of disaster. On a train, you'll rarely do much better than "BRACE YOURSELVES!" *two seconds* *FUCKING BANG* Step one to improve your safety on a train is to seat facing away from the direction of travel: minimises risk of whiplash, and the poor bugger facing the direction of travel opposite you is the one who'll get wasted by you landing on them, not vice versa.

And yeah, it's fortunately unlikely that anything's going to occur. Or unfortunately, in the case of one fuckwit I know who'd deserve it.

See, this is another thing I love about living in Melbourne: I've finally escaped my family. They can do whatever the fuck they want to do in Queensland or New Zealand and I just sit here thinking "yeah, glad I didn't have to go to that".

Goddamn families. People take them too seriously anyway. If you don't like someone, I don't see why the fuck you should tolerate them just due to a bit of blood, or worse, a slip of paper.

i dont tolerate them much mate trust me .

My family has enough friction for me to stand without me throwing a spanner in the works, so I usually just keep quiet - or move away so I don't have to be involved!

And mine is a pretty peaceful family that hates drama too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom