Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I really thing about it, Andre, for you, do not bother beyond the first 2 albums. The bottom line is despite my feelings towards the other albums, you will not like them, and that's the point of this exercise. Go with the first two, maybe get the B-sides, call it a shoe-gazey day.

But, they did not go to shit. They went another route. Some liked it, some did not. Easy as that.

Righto then, seems sound, thanks. Yeah, I'm mainly in this to gaze at shoes right now; blame a big Mezcal Head, Nowhere, and A Storm In Heaven kick for that.

Seriously, people, I think I mentioned this before, but the more I think about it, the more I cannot see a single good reason why Swervedriver's Last Train To Satansville should NOT be snippeted in Bullet The Blue Sky.

"You look like you've been losing sleep"
Said a stranger on a train
I fixed him with an ice cold stare and said
"I've been having those dreams again
"In one dream this guy comes up to me
"His face red like a rose on a thorn bush ..."

Seriously, people, I think I mentioned this before, but the more I think about it, the more I cannot see a single good reason why Swervedriver's Last Train To Satansville should NOT be snippeted in Bullet The Blue Sky.

:love: :combust: :pray:

Cos U2 do not know who Swervedriver are?

Damn those Americans and their independence. I blame them for the thread's death.

Very early morning, PFan. :wave:

What'd you make of A Storm In Heaven?

Hi Pfan!

Hey Ax, the ads are telling me to "Find Bono New Album". I'm not totally sure what that means but maybe you could help him find Mezcal Head so he could do that snippet.

A Storm in Heaven was good, not great. There were some really strong tracks (the first two) and then some that weren't terrible, but weren't notable either and kind of blended. It was a solid album.

Mike, any thoughts on the two Bowie albums, yet?

Hi Pfan!

Hey Ax, the ads are telling me to "Find Bono New Album". I'm not totally sure what that means but maybe you could help him find Mezcal Head so he could do that snippet.

My favorite ads were for top quality Ball Screws.

Hi Pfan!

:laugh:

See, every time I get that ad, I just think "the dopey old bastard has lost the new album again? Goddamnit, get Edge to find it for him or something."

A Storm in Heaven was good, not great. There were some really strong tracks (the first two) and then some that weren't terrible, but weren't notable either and kind of blended. It was a solid album.

That is pretty much my impression too. The opening couple are awesome, Already There and The Sun, The Sea also stand out, and the rest function as good album tracks but need that context to fully work.

My favorite ads were for top quality Ball Screws.

My favourite?

whatthefuck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom