Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #76
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:38 PM
I can't be bothered taking the week it'll take to quote you Ax, but those speeds are pretty good compared to my internets on a good day.

Damn you New Zealand!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:49 AM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:08 PM
i wondered this too , thought it my have been screwy

Old 07-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #78
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:38 PM
Bah, that link of yours is video, Ian? My computer seems to not want to play it. What's so fucking scary about a go-around, though? As much as I'm going to mock the train wimps - if they had fallen out, the train would have been doing about 60km/h and they would've been in the underground City Loop, so there isn't much room and you'd pretty much be dead. Whereas on a go-around, it's not as if the plane's doing fucking barrel-rolls with its doors open.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #79
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I can't be bothered taking the week it'll take to quote you Ax, but those speeds are pretty good compared to my internets on a good day.

Damn you New Zealand!
Yeah, that's one thing that makes me thankful I'm not in NZ - sure, in global terms, Australian Internet is the absolute pits and little better than dogshit, but New Zealand Internet is dogshit.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #81
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Bah, that link of yours is video, Ian? My computer seems to not want to play it. What's so fucking scary about a go-around, though? As much as I'm going to mock the train wimps - if they had fallen out, the train would have been doing about 60km/h and they would've been in the City Loop, so there isn't much room and you'd pretty much be dead. Whereas on a go-around, it's not as if the plane's doing fucking barrel-rolls with its doors open.
Oh, the train thing is a bit scary considering potential consequences.

I think people are scared about basic plane stuff because they go into the sky. It's voodoo, I'm sure.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

damm you new zealand !

hehehehhe cos he said it first !
Old 07-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #83
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Serious question - who's alter is this?

Because it's one of my all time favourites.
Got to admit, that was funnier before it was blindingly obvious that it's an alter doing a wind-up job. The thought that somebody would make those posts in full sincerity ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

For what it's worth, most flights I take I'm hoping to go around. I'm told it's great fun!
Old 07-04-2008, 05:54 AM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Got to admit, that was funnier before it was blindingly obvious that it's an alter doing a wind-up job. The thought that somebody would make those posts in full sincerity ...
That would be great.

It could be Rob with a new account. Have we seen him lately?
Old 07-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

YouTube - Chris Isaak - Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing

havent seen thso one for a while but christ !
Old 07-04-2008, 05:56 AM   #87
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh, the train thing is a bit scary considering potential consequences.

I think people are scared about basic plane stuff because they go into the sky. It's voodoo, I'm sure.
Yeah, potential consequences that will only happen if you're a moron and don't understand the concept of a handhold. Back before people became scared of everything, it was not unusual for trams to run with people hanging onto the outside. In Dunedin, their cable cars would run with people two or even three deep hanging onto the outside of the tram at peak. I have video of it! People just hung on and enjoyed the breeze. I can't believe this was actually news.

I suppose the one thing about planes - and the reason why I feel safer on trains - is that if a plane does crash, chances are pretty high that everybody on board is going to perish in a very unpleasant way. I figure that if I'm in a train crash, my chances are extremely good of surviving, but if I'm in a plane that goes down, I'm fucked.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 05:57 AM   #88
Vocal parasite

Quote:
That would be great.

It could be Rob with a new account. Have we seen him lately?
Yeah, he's been in the "Larry finished his parts?" thread on WTAHNN, which is worth a read.

I swear, every time I see that, I think it's "Larry finished his pants". What, he took up sewing in the time it took Bono to get back from Africa?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yeah, he's been in the "Larry finished his parts?" thread on WTAHNN, which is worth a read.
yeah cos its so hard to understand that someone would lay down theoir drumn tracks and fucl off for a few weeks !
Old 07-04-2008, 05:59 AM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yeah, potential consequences that will only happen if you're a moron and don't understand the concept of a handhold. Back before people became scared of everything, it was not unusual for trams to run with people hanging onto the outside. In Dunedin, their cable cars would run with people two or even three deep hanging onto the outside of the tram at peak. I have video of it! People just hung on and enjoyed the breeze. I can't believe this was actually news.

I suppose the one thing about planes - and the reason why I feel safer on trains - is that if a plane does crash, chances are pretty high that everybody on board is going to perish in a very unpleasant way. I figure that if I'm in a train crash, my chances are extremely good of surviving, but if I'm in a plane that goes down, I'm fucked.
It's safe to say it's all pretty fucking irrational, anyway.

Tags
superthread