Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #841
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:50 AM
I am sure that Peter Berg is going to fare no better. It really was handled best by Sci-Fi channel in that they went for a mini-series. There's just too much going on for two hours. Lynch, nut-job or not, made a pretty mesmerizing film out of it. It might be a mess, but it commands attention.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #842
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Phail, people.

Also, if you hadn't pulled a disappearing act last night, we'd be in Mollie's Nipple right now.
I had to go to sleep last night. I had a busy day today of drinking tequila in the afternoon and getting sunburned. No better way to celebrate America

I'll be here for Mollie's Nipple tonight

Old 07-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #843
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:50 AM
My thoughts on the Temple Bar: It's not the Temple Bar anymore. It's something else. It's not necessarily bad. Certainly, I prefer the old Bar to the new Bar, but it's just a case of me feeling like it having the name still is disingenous. It's just not the Temple Bar. The people are different, the discussion's different. It's not the Bar.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:47 AM   #844
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:50 AM
"troughs"

what a twat.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:47 AM   #845
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Now bitch!

Or please. I can never remember what part of the south you are from...

and shit, lemel beat me.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:47 AM   #846
Blue Crack Supplier

BoMac and Elfa are my two favorite Bar posters. They were there at the end of the old Bar.

I stopped posting on the old Bar as soon as NSW retired briefly around March 10th. I've only posted since then when Beav is there.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #847
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Bacardi and L&P, world famous in New Zealand.

Refreshing.
My sister brought back shitloads of L&P when she was last in NZ. We've now found a shop over here which sells it. L&P and Bacardi, you say?

... Yes, grasshopper. Yes.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #848
Blue Crack Supplier

My thoughts on the Temple Bar: Beav, Snow, Maya, PFan, LM, YLB when he was there, Dalton, Elfa, BoMac, VP, Brightest Star and RedKat made it a very fun confluence of people. A lot of laughs, a lot of interesting conversation, just a lot of fun. I will admit it, I looked forward to posting in there. So, that mix of people is gone, and the current mix, good people all, just does not combine to create the same result.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #849
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
My thoughts on the Temple Bar: It's not the Temple Bar anymore. It's something else. It's not necessarily bad. Certainly, I prefer the old Bar to the new Bar, but it's just a case of me feeling like it having the name still is disingenous. It's just not the Temple Bar. The people are different, the discussion's different. It's not the Bar.
It doesn't feel like a bar anymore. Nothing controversial happens. No one gets upset with one another. Ironically, most of the drunk posting is done here. The only reason it deserves that name is due to the gratuitous flirting.

Now.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #850
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I am sure that Peter Berg is going to fare no better. It really was handled best by Sci-Fi channel in that they went for a mini-series. There's just too much going on for two hours. Lynch, nut-job or not, made a pretty mesmerizing film out of it. It might be a mess, but it commands attention.
True. Have you read any of the stuff about its pre-production work and how it was going to be a 4-hour film? Orson Welles would have played Baron Harkonnen, I think, which cracks me up.

It is a visually mesmerizing film, but it's ridiculous and campy as hell. I enjoyed it, and since I'm a n00b about this, I don't know if it's because of him or the source material. Then again, this could've failed because of studio interference. I really can't think of any movie altered by the studio that's made money or been better than the director's original intent, so why keep doing it?

Ironically, Peter Berg's Hancock could suffer the same fate. I posted my thoughts about it in the Review threads.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #851
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
My sister brought back shitloads of L&P when she was last in NZ. We've now found a shop over here which sells it. L&P and Bacardi, you say?

... Yes, grasshopper. Yes.
Oooh, a shop selling L&P. I need to find one of those.

And somewhere with Squiggles biscuits too.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #852
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:50 AM
My thoughts on the Temple Bar: either the interweb is lying to me or girls in college are wearing less than they did when I was in college (and by college I mean serving fries near a university - while solving complex math equations on the side).
Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #853
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It doesn't feel like a bar anymore. Nothing controversial happens. No one gets upset with one another. Ironically, most of the drunk posting is done here. The only reason it deserves that name is due to the gratuitous flirting.
shouldn't it be octagon bar though, due to how those threads were?
Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #854
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
My thoughts on the Temple Bar: Beav, Snow, Maya, PFan, LM, YLB when he was there, Dalton, Elfa, BoMac, VP, Brightest Star and RedKat made it a very fun confluence of people. A lot of laughs, a lot of interesting conversation, just a lot of fun. I will admit it, I looked forward to posting in there. So, that mix of people is gone, and the current mix, good people all, just does not combine to create the same result.
Agreed.

Snow leaving hurt it badly, Beav dropping his posting rate to once every few weeks put it on life support, and you leaving was the kiss of death.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #855
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That's fair. If I were on the site then as much as I am now, I would've posted there more often.

Tags
superthread