Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #616
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Okay, kidlets - I'm going to run off and have my pizza and spectacular Coca-Cola, watch my movie, maybe blast some Springsteen (America! Fuck yeah!) and then go to bed.

Later!
Have fun!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #617
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Are muffins involved?
No, because they're more expensive than candy. Unless I make them myself, and that's a lot of time and muffins, especially when I usually only like a handful of my students each semester.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #618
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Fuck you Ian.
All is right with the universe, um.......uh....dickcock.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #619
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

Honestly, the biggest pain about movies is that I have to either 1. go really out of my way to see them and pay through the nose to do so ($15 minimum), or 2. completely blow my download limit and spend forever and a day downloading them. So that just discourages me from getting into them much in the first place. I imagine if I had a cheap cinema within walking distance, you might catch me enjoying movies more often.
Fair enough. You wouldn't care to rent any movies though?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #620
Blue Crack Supplier

Cya Cori
Old 07-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #621
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I just never brought into it.

I can suspend my disbelief to watch people travelling through funny little space portals to far away planets and galaxies and live in this former water city and meet with other beings that somehow speak English and their enemy is some alien race that sucks the life from humans to survive. But Spiderman? I just don't buy it.
Yeah, that's one big thing for me as well. Most of the time, I just cannot suspend disbelief long enough to take superhero movies seriously. It's the same reason why I really strongly dislike musicals - no, I really don't think New York gangsters are running around singing over-the-top Broadway songs.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #622
Blue Crack Supplier

You know, if DVD movies just started straight away without the fucking menu, people wouldn't put off watching them.

I've had the Thank You For Smoking menu on screen for the last 20 minutes. It just doesn't motivate you to get watching as much as pausing at the very start.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #623
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:17 AM
My imagination is vivid, and an important part of what makes me tick. My ability to suspend disbelief is strong. But, different strokes for different folks.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
You know, if DVD movies just started straight away without the fucking menu, people wouldn't put off watching them.

I've had the Thank You For Smoking menu on screen for the last 20 minutes. It just doesn't motivate you to get watching as much as pausing at the very start.
Oh, just shut up, stop posting and watch the movie. It's actually very good, I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #625
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:17 AM
Quote:
My imagination is vivid, and an important part of what makes me tick. My ability to suspend disbelief is strong. But, different strokes for different folks.
Same here.

If the movie's trying to set itself in a different world, then I'll go for it if it's well set-up. It's all about context, methinks.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #626
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Fair enough. You wouldn't care to rent any movies though?
That's the one viable option, as there's a Video Ezy within walking distance of me, but that still costs a fair bit of money sometimes (I was honestly impressed at how cheap movies are over your way), and I admit I find video shops kind of daunting. Video, music, and book shops, all for the same reason: I can only see one or two rows with any comparative ease and find the rest extremely difficult to read. FAR is obsessive with movies and will sprawl out on the floor to read the bottom shelf and pull out every single case so she can read what it is, but that's not so much for me. If I go in with a clear idea of what I want to see, then I'm alright, but casually browsing isn't too much fun. Yet from experience with doing that in bookshops (where I'll sometimes just deal, due to my love of books), that's how you stumble across half of the interesting stuff in the first place ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #627
Blue Crack Supplier

Fuck you.

And yes, I will fuck off and watch the movie now.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #628
Blue Crack Supplier

Like Dune, motherfucker!

"I remember your Gom Jabbar, now you will remember mine!"
Old 07-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #629
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
If the movie's trying to set itself in a different world, then I'll go for it if it's well set-up. It's all about context, methinks.
I believe it more if it's set in a different world. I struggle to believe Batman or Spiderman actually are hanging around in my universe.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #630
Vocal parasite

Quote:
For me, there are some things that I just find a bit too ludicrous to suspend disbelief for. Mainly musicals. God, I hate musicals. I could possibly deal with the disbelief if the music were any good, but it just strikes me as somebody who was conflicted between writing a play or forming a shocker of a band and just meshed the two together because they're an indecisive prick.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread