Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #451
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
We're not so bad when you get to know us...
You guys helped destroy the Temple Bar though.





__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #452
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 11:49 PM
I had nothing to do with that buddy...

Besides, maybe if people didn't LEAVE the bar then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place...
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #453
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
We're not so bad when you get to know us...
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #454
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I had nothing to do with that buddy...

Besides, maybe if people didn't LEAVE the bar then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place...
It's a bit of a catch 22. I wouldn't have left if it weren't going down the tubes, but the weaker posts wouldn't be as noticeable had I been posting there this entire time.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #455
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It's a bit of a catch 22. I wouldn't have left if it weren't going down the tubes, but the weaker posts wouldn't be as noticeable had I been posting there this entire time.
exactly, people complain about how crappy the bar is and then don't post in there to try and make it better.

Here BoMac and I diligently keep the bar going, having basically the same conversation every damn day - that's not healthy, for either of us
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #456
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
You guys helped destroy the Temple Bar though.





Question: There are people here who complain that others take things too seriously *cough*Screwy*cough* and should lighten up—and rightly so. This is a chat forum, where it should be about having FUN. Are you not, then, taking things a bit too seriously by saying the Bar has been ruined because of some mindless banter and flirting between posters?

This is, after all, the Internets. The Bar can be whatever you want it to be, but to say that it's destroyed is a little overly dramatic, if you ask me. Message boards, as I'm sure you know, are fluid, and there will be turnover no matter what. It's like anything else in life, and even one year from now, the Bar will be unrecognizable, with new posters and the like.

Just my 0.02 cents.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #457
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
exactly, people complain about how crappy the bar is and then don't post in there to try and make it better.

Here BoMac and I diligently keep the bar going, having basically the same conversation every damn day - that's not healthy, for either of us
What would you rather talk about? Jeff Finger?


I haven't had a chance to listen to the rest of the Ryan Adams stuff.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #458
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Question: There are people here who complain that others take things too seriously *cough*Screwy*cough* and should lighten up—and rightly so. This is a chat forum, where it should be about having FUN. Are you not, then, taking things a bit too seriously by saying the Bar has been ruined because of some mindless banter and flirting between posters?

This is, after all, the Internets. The Bar can be whatever you want it to be, but to say that it's destroyed is a little overly dramatic, if you ask me. Message boards, as I'm sure you know, are fluid, and there will be turnover no matter what. It's like anything else in life, and even one year from now, the Bar will be unrecognizable, with new posters and the like.

Just my 0.02 cents.
There's a fine line between discussion, mindless or otherwise (superthreads these days, the Bar about 6 months ago) and spam (Carek's post count). I think the consensus here is that, for whatever reason, the Bar crosses over into the latter more often than ever these days.

You're right though, it's fluid, and will have crests and troughs depending on the topics available and users posting there. If I'm being overdramatic, it's just that I'm a little disappointed is all. Not mad at anyone in particular.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #459
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
What would you rather talk about? Jeff Finger?


I haven't had a chance to listen to the rest of the Ryan Adams stuff.
Jeff Finger?

Get on that Ryan Adams stuff...

Same goes for you Mel, listen to the rest of Air or I may be forced to put you on ignorre
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:21 PM   #460
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
There's a fine line between discussion, mindless or otherwise (superthreads these days, the Bar about 6 months ago) and spam (Carek's post count). I think the consensus here is that, for whatever reason, the Bar crosses over into the latter more often than ever these days.

You're right though, it's fluid, and will have crests and troughs depending on the topics available and users posting there. If I'm being overdramatic, it's just that I'm a little disappointed is all. Not mad at anyone in particular.
OK, I understand where you're coming from.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #461
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Same goes for you Mel, listen to the rest of Air or I may be forced to put you on ignorre
Now that would genuinely make me sad.

Smiths lyrics could make me feel better though.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #462
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,693
Local Time: 11:49 PM
I could never put you on ignore Mel... mostly because I don't know how on the new forum anymore
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #463
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Khan gave me a direct link to the ignore button when I last used it, so I still don't know how to find it myself.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #464
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Actually, nevermind, I found it.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 07-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #465
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I could never put you on ignore Mel... mostly because I don't know how on the new forum anymore
Plus, Elfa you once told me that you believe in LemonMelon.

ElMel, he beLIEve's in you.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com