Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referencing the page where it started, which is when Mike says "God, I wish you'd shut the fuck up already," or something similar.

Haha.

This exchange sounds like something Mr. T would say:

Paul: What's in the box?
Reverend Mother Mohiam: Pain.

The stuff involving the bald women went completely over my head. Apparently they can read minds and Paul's sister Alia can fuck shit up with her mind, Bowie-style.

The bald women are "Bene Gesserit". They are the products of...you know what? Yeah, it would take forever. Read the books, or, at least the first book. :)

They cannot read minds, they are just very intuitive.

"The PAIN!!!"

"Enough!!!!"

I love it.

That's what I fucking love about that exchange. I was like the bait. I lured him in and you ripped him apart.

His post was something like, "I want to be Dalton. I dream of this nightly."

For fuck's sake, he spent a month on the forum following you, trying to bury you and those associated with you, and he suddenly wanted to be in the Bar normally? And some engaged him, which I don't get. But still, he felt comfortable enough to go after you again, which I don't get at all.

I really need to hang out with less people my age and more people my parents' age. Last night a bunch of us were sitting outside, and there was a big bug on the sidewalk. One guy goes to look at it. And somebody goes "What is it?" and he says "It's a beetle." And I go "Is it Ringo?" and they all looked at me like I was crazy, because they didn't get the reference.

I was referencing the page where it started, which is when Mike says "God, I wish you'd shut the fuck up already," or something similar.

Looks like we were all thinking of different posts, but from the same conversation.

I remembered the month because you posted it on an AIM chat the Tuesday before last. It's sad that I couldn't remember it was in my own thread though. :lol:

For fuck's sake, he spent a month on the forum following you, trying to bury you and those associated with you, and he suddenly wanted to be in the Bar normally? And some engaged him, which I don't get. But still, he felt comfortable enough to go after you again, which I don't get at all.

LM got scolded for lamenting the demise of the Temple Bar. Please. That place was FUN, and now it's, quite frankly, not. To me, at least. To the posters in there, obviously, it's fun.

He was BY FAR my favorite poster on these boards. But that makes sense. I've always really liked Bono.

Looks like we were all thinking of different posts, but from the same conversation.

I remembered the month because you posted it on an AIM chat the Tuesday before last. It's sad that I couldn't remember it was in my own thread though. :lol:

I remember the exact date because I was away for three days, and returned like two hours after it happened.

LM got scolded for lamenting the demise of the Temple Bar. Please. That place was FUN, and now it's, quite frankly, not. To me, at least. To the posters in there, obviously, it's fun.

When? I've lamented it numerous times. The Bar is not the Bar anymore. It's something totally different.

He was BY FAR my favorite poster on these boards. But that makes sense. I've always really liked Bono.

He wore sunglasses indoors before Bono.

Who scolded LM? I'm outraged. The Bar needs to be lamented. It was a great thing.

The bald women are "Bene Gesserit". They are the products of...you know what? Yeah, it would take forever. Read the books, or, at least the first book. :)

They cannot read minds, they are just very intuitive.

"The PAIN!!!"

"Enough!!!!"

I love it.

Oh, okay.

PFan, today.

Khan, he referenced the flirting and April got upset. Then BoMac a little bit. Then Elfa later questioned it. Then Screwtape wanted to know why people were complaining about the Temple Bar. Etc.

I really need to hang out with less people my age and more people my parents' age. Last night a bunch of us were sitting outside, and there was a big bug on the sidewalk. One guy goes to look at it. And somebody goes "What is it?" and he says "It's a beetle." And I go "Is it Ringo?" and they all looked at me like I was crazy, because they didn't get the reference.

It doesn't have anything to do with age, you just need to stop hanging out with dumb fucking people. Everyone should get a Beatles reference.

Phail, people.

Also, if you hadn't pulled a disappearing act last night, we'd be in Mollie's Nipple right now. :tsk:

Khan, he referenced the flirting and April got upset. Then BoMac a little bit. Then Elfa later questioned it. Then Screwtape wanted to know why people were complaining about the Temple Bar. Etc.
oh, i know. i've caught up with the posts i missed and saw that. i was just saying i was surprised how several people from the thread sort of came over and ganged up on him for saying what he did.

I'm going to buy you the fucking book.

You see this book? I'm going to teach you to speak Fremen with this fucking book!

I'm a good week or two away before I start working on my play or summer reading assignment, I should check it out from the library.

Poor Gurney, he almost got worm-hooked by a sprat.

I'm a good week or two away before I start my play or summer reading assignment, I should check it out from the library.

Poor Gurney, he almost got worm-hooked by a sprat.

Ha, that made me laugh out loud.

Yeah, sorry to pressure to read it, that's wrong....but it really is a seminal piece of sci-fi literature, and it will enhance your enjoyment of the film, even if it will demonstrate just how much the film phails.

Ok, fine, here it is:

The song "If it isn't Love" by New Edition? I like it. Whatever. I already admitted to crying when REM played "Gardening at Night" at their HOF induction, might as well keep admitting stuff.

Ha, that made me laugh out loud.

Yeah, sorry to pressure to read it, that's wrong....but it really is a seminal piece of sci-fi literature, and it will enhance your enjoyment of the film, even if it will demonstrate just how much the film phails.

No, I understand. I've been meaning to read it for some time anyway, now seems to be the right time.

Maybe it's an un-filmmable book or series, but I've got the slightest inkling that it has to do with David Lynch being a fucking basket case.

Who scolded LM? I'm outraged. The Bar needs to be lamented. It was a great thing.

http://forum.interference.com/f296/shag-point-new-zealand-superthread-187862-31.html

:flirt: You guys helped destroy the Temple Bar though. :flirt:

:flirt::flirt:

:flirt::flirt:

:flirt:

Question: There are people here who complain that others take things too seriously *cough*Screwy*cough* and should lighten up—and rightly so. This is a chat forum, where it should be about having FUN. Are you not, then, taking things a bit too seriously by saying the Bar has been ruined because of some mindless banter and flirting between posters?

This is, after all, the Internets. The Bar can be whatever you want it to be, but to say that it's destroyed is a little overly dramatic, if you ask me. Message boards, as I'm sure you know, are fluid, and there will be turnover no matter what. It's like anything else in life, and even one year from now, the Bar will be unrecognizable, with new posters and the like.

Just my 0.02 cents. :shrug:

There's a fine line between discussion, mindless or otherwise (superthreads these days, the Bar about 6 months ago) and spam (Carek's post count). I think the consensus here is that, for whatever reason, the Bar crosses over into the latter more often than ever these days.

You're right though, it's fluid, and will have crests and troughs depending on the topics available and users posting there. If I'm being overdramatic, it's just that I'm a little disappointed is all. Not mad at anyone in particular. :shrug:

OK, I understand where you're coming from. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom