Shag Point, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had nothing to do with that buddy...

Besides, maybe if people didn't LEAVE the bar then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place...

It's a bit of a catch 22. I wouldn't have left if it weren't going down the tubes, but the weaker posts wouldn't be as noticeable had I been posting there this entire time. :hmm:

It's a bit of a catch 22. I wouldn't have left if it weren't going down the tubes, but the weaker posts wouldn't be as noticeable had I been posting there this entire time. :hmm:

exactly, people complain about how crappy the bar is and then don't post in there to try and make it better.

Here BoMac and I diligently keep the bar going, having basically the same conversation every damn day - that's not healthy, for either of us :wink:

:flirt: You guys helped destroy the Temple Bar though. :flirt:

:flirt::flirt:

:flirt::flirt:

:flirt:

Question: There are people here who complain that others take things too seriously *cough*Screwy*cough* and should lighten up—and rightly so. This is a chat forum, where it should be about having FUN. Are you not, then, taking things a bit too seriously by saying the Bar has been ruined because of some mindless banter and flirting between posters?

This is, after all, the Internets. The Bar can be whatever you want it to be, but to say that it's destroyed is a little overly dramatic, if you ask me. Message boards, as I'm sure you know, are fluid, and there will be turnover no matter what. It's like anything else in life, and even one year from now, the Bar will be unrecognizable, with new posters and the like.

Just my 0.02 cents. :shrug:

exactly, people complain about how crappy the bar is and then don't post in there to try and make it better.

Here BoMac and I diligently keep the bar going, having basically the same conversation every damn day - that's not healthy, for either of us :wink:

What would you rather talk about? Jeff Finger?

I haven't had a chance to listen to the rest of the Ryan Adams stuff. :reject:

Question: There are people here who complain that others take things too seriously *cough*Screwy*cough* and should lighten up—and rightly so. This is a chat forum, where it should be about having FUN. Are you not, then, taking things a bit too seriously by saying the Bar has been ruined because of some mindless banter and flirting between posters?

This is, after all, the Internets. The Bar can be whatever you want it to be, but to say that it's destroyed is a little overly dramatic, if you ask me. Message boards, as I'm sure you know, are fluid, and there will be turnover no matter what. It's like anything else in life, and even one year from now, the Bar will be unrecognizable, with new posters and the like.

Just my 0.02 cents. :shrug:

There's a fine line between discussion, mindless or otherwise (superthreads these days, the Bar about 6 months ago) and spam (Carek's post count). I think the consensus here is that, for whatever reason, the Bar crosses over into the latter more often than ever these days.

You're right though, it's fluid, and will have crests and troughs depending on the topics available and users posting there. If I'm being overdramatic, it's just that I'm a little disappointed is all. Not mad at anyone in particular. :shrug:

There's a fine line between discussion, mindless or otherwise (superthreads these days, the Bar about 6 months ago) and spam (Carek's post count). I think the consensus here is that, for whatever reason, the Bar crosses over into the latter more often than ever these days.

You're right though, it's fluid, and will have crests and troughs depending on the topics available and users posting there. If I'm being overdramatic, it's just that I'm a little disappointed is all. Not mad at anyone in particular. :shrug:

OK, I understand where you're coming from. :up:

Khan gave me a direct link to the ignore button when I last used it, so I still don't know how to find it myself. :lol:

morning, grass stains! hope you are all well on this fine morn/evening/night or whatever it is where ever you are. where are all the aus and kiwi folk? sleeping off raging hangovers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom