Shades of Death Road, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comcast got too big, and dropped the customer service part of their business model.

Comcast has never done anything particularly horrible to me, but their sports channels are terrible/low-budget.

My family has the Comcast Triple Play: Comcast digital cable, Comcast High Speed Internet, and Comcast home phone service. It's all average, but it's a pain in the ass to work through problems with them.

Comcast got too big, and dropped the customer service part of their business model.

The big ISPs here seem to rely on their good name exposure to hook n00bs who don't know there are much better smaller ISPs out there. So all these people who know nothing about the Internet sign up on plans that are shocking value and think they're getting a bargain since it's bundled with their phone plan and they get a discount on their bill of FIVE DOLLARS A MONTH WOWZ0RZ.

My family has the Comcast Triple Play: Comcast digital cable, Comcast High Speed Internet, and Comcast home phone service. It's all average, but it's a pain in the ass to work through problems with them.
we have a similar bundle with AT&T. they provide our home phone and dsl company, and we could also bundle our directv, but we like it as is, so there's no point in changing it.

The big ISPs here seem to rely on their good name exposure to hook n00bs who don't know there are much better smaller ISPs out there. So all these people who know nothing about the Internet sign up on plans that are shocking value and think they're getting a bargain since it's bundled with their phone plan and they get a discount on their bill of FIVE DOLLARS A MONTH WOWZ0RZ.

It's easy to do so, too, since so many people are either lacking in knowledge or don't have the time to look deeper into other options.

I will finally be able to see the Big Ten Network come August, after Comcast and them disputed with each other for over a year.

exactly :up:

tell me how a big business can NOT offer 24/7 tech support? it's fucking impossible.

Here, even the little ISPs seem to be able to do tech support from 7am to midnight with short waiting times.

Internode is so the best ISP ever.

We use Atlantic Broadband, but I hate them with a passion. They shut the internet down whenever they feel like it, and their support is crap.

They wanted us to sign up with their phone service, but fuck them.

we had time warner here for the longest time, but they finally switched to comcast a year or so ago. amazingly, the customer service went from worse to...worser.

Seriously? I didn't think it could get much worse than Time Warner.
Until we got AT&T...:rolleyes:

Cable might've been a pain in the arse but the service from Time Warner was so much more reliable than this. Not to mention they don't even offer us high speed where we live.

It's easy to do so, too, since so many people are either lacking in knowledge or don't have the time to look deeper into other options.

Yeah, and then there are some people who seem to equate being a large ISP with being more reliable and reputable than a smaller one.

In my experience, often the medium sized ISPs are the best. Some small ones are dodgy, so you need to be wary, and ALL big ones are greedy and know nothing of customer service.

oh and comcast's tech support. let's see...

"our service is down. the light on the modem is flashing"
"okay, unplug the modem and reboot your computer"
"i've already tried that"
"okay. unplug the modem and reboot your computer"
*wondering how that will fix anything* "fine...okay still the light flashes"
"how will doing this for the fifth time magically fix it? the signal needs to be resent. works every time"

i swear the tech support agents acted like it cost them money to send signals to our modem. i know they have scripts to go through, but doing the same thing ten times will always yield identical results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom