Shades of Death Road, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You ask for suggestions and then shoot down olives? :tsk:

I tend to keep my pizzas fairly simplistic actually. I avoid more than four or so ingredients, since I find I don't enjoy pizza too much when it's got a lot crowded onto it. I normally just work with sauces, cheeses, salami, and sometimes onion, pineapple, and/or your dreaded olives. Oh yeah, and capsicum can be welcome from time to time too.

I've used pineapple with salami before and enjoyed it! Used to it regularly, actually. Perhaps my tastes are a bit unusual, though.

Capsicum's known as peppers back in New Zealand. Looking on Wikipedia, it indicates that might be what you meant by paprika (which to me refers to a spice made from capsicum). These things, anyway.

800px-Red_capsicum_and_cross_section.jpg

Hey Reggo and Zoots. :wave:

:lol: yes that's what I meant with paprika! I thought it was a universal word :reject:

Hah, I thought of the spice - which I'd forgotten was actually from capsicum until I looked up capsicum on Wikipedia to get that picture!

Now, see, we just call those peppers, and capsicum is the chemical that makes them taste spicy.

I grew up calling it pepper in New Zealand, but that got confusing, what with black pepper also being pepper, so I quite happily switched to calling it capsicum when I came to Australia.

I thought everybody just called them red bell peppers. You learn something every day, I guess.

we always call that paprika and black pepper just pepper...
americans get confused in italy :wink: order a pizza pepperoni, they expect a pizza full of salami... they get a pizza full of peppers

I was there when it happened :wink: it was awesome, the waiter did NOT understand why they were unsatisfied!

same thing in spain, they had a translated menu, and it said Rape in butter sauce.... the spanish name for monkfish = rapé :lol:

:lol: Be careful what you order overseas, I guess, would be the theme here. Make sure you mean what you mean.

I was there when it happened :wink: it was awesome, the waiter did NOT understand why they were unsatisfied!

same thing in spain, they had a translated menu, and it said Rape in butter sauce.... the spanish name for monkfish = rapé :lol:

:lmao:

Who needs "Engrish" from Asia when Europe turns up a gem like that!

:wink: true, it's always hillarious seeing english folks on holidays in france/spain... :lol: they fail at the languages!

well, gotta be honest, plenty of dutch idiots around too!

:wave: I have to leave you now, going to the barbie!

I love this instrumental version of TUF. :drool: I should send it to you, Axver.

Yeah, I'd love to hear it. I imagine it'd be one of the U2 songs that'd work best instrumentally.

Do you both want it? It's strings, violins and stuff, but it's awesome! :drool:

Hey sis! :hug:
Guess who might've actually gotten 8 hours' sleep if I hadn't forced myself awake during a dream? :happy:

Yeah. It sucked, but I'm grateful the dream didn't go anywhere I didn't want it to. Was about a certain DirntClone :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom