Shades of Death Road, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt the veracity of these lyrics.

I'm not going to pay it any attention until I'm listening to the official release.

FTW.

In all seriousness, "I will teach the world Love" is fucking funny. It sounds like a horrible Bono parody.

Okay, I've had my say in the NLOTH thread.

And I'm tired, and I have plans of Italian food and cuddling tomorrow, so I'm gonna head to bed.

I just better fucking not wake up in the middle of the night to find Rob staring over at me whispering "Nloth, nloth, nloth, nloth :sick:"

Also, in about 6 minutes, the forum's gonna go down for a minute! Mark my words!

Yes it is. I was just trying to see what, if anything, I missed in the last few hours. I did notice the midnight-ish meltdown :happy: How are things? I see that one or two more threads will lead you to the 60,000th post!

Certainly doesn't look like you've missed much, except a bit of lyrical misinterpretation on WTAHNN!

Should hit the 60,000 before the week's out, I imagine. I'm honestly a tad surprised I'm not there yet. :laugh:

Do I dare ask what song WTAHNN is?

Hey GAF :wave: Pizza sounds good.
000768578.gif

Dammit, now I'm hungry

Yeah, I'm sure you'll hit the big 60 soon enough :wink:

The forum, Where The Album Has No Name.

Pizza for the win, though I'm looking forward to some minestrone tonight.

Yeah, by about the ten billionth unsubstantiated rumour, it's hard to care. But at least we should get some solid news coming soon. I'm most looking forward to some promo gigs.

Promo gigs! Wow, that would be cool. I wasn't around the forum prior to the release of HTDAAB, and missed out on all the pre-release clips/leaks/rumors, etc. Let the madness begin!!!

I'm actually in no hurry :shh:

Besides the fact that the promo shows give me something to do on U2gigs (right now I'm expanding on setlist comments, e.g. noting live debuts of songs, in the absence of anything more meaningful!), I just love some of the dodgy and odd early versions of songs as the band find their feet. And the mass hysteria to hear the new material is always ... an experience. Wonder how many streams on radio station websites Interferencers will bombard and kill this time around. :laugh:

:yikes: Good grief. There's a program on TV at the moment where they makeover peoples homes (kiwi version aka cheap) and the old Maori woman who owns the house sounds like she's having continuous orgasms with her "ooh, Ohhhh, Ooooh" all the time :yikes: It's horribly horribly wrong.

:yikes: She's panting now....

Ax! Weather info for you, and if you look on the page, there's a link for pics of Kapiti....

Storm disrupts travellers, Metservice warns of next one - 24 Jul 2008 - NZ Herald: New Zealand National news

Fucking hell, look at Raumati Beach! And oh, I can relate to that huge swell on State Highway 1 south of Paekakariki. In high seas, that's always a bit of a hairy trip to take ... the road really is far too low along there; it should be up on the same level as the railway.

Thanks for the link. :up:

Fucking hell, look at Raumati Beach! And oh, I can relate to that huge swell on State Highway 1 south of Paekakariki. In high seas, that's always a bit of a hairy trip to take ... the road really is far too low along there; it should be up on the same level as the railway.

Thanks for the link. :up:

Can't say I don't look after you Axxy Waxy....:flirt:

:yikes: Good grief. There's a program on TV at the moment where they makeover peoples homes (kiwi version aka cheap) and the old Maori woman who owns the house sounds like she's having continuous orgasms with her "ooh, Ohhhh, Ooooh" all the time :yikes: It's horribly horribly wrong.

:yikes: She's panting now....

:laugh: I can just imagine it now in some awfully strong accent too.

:ohmy: I've passed 12,000 and didn't even realise!

Time for a countback to find which post was #12,000!

I still can't believe those New Plymouth morons called their kid Talula Does The Hula In Hawaii :tsk:

WTF were Births, Deaths & Marriages thinking when they approved that name!

I still can't believe those New Plymouth morons called their kid Talula Does The Hula In Hawaii :tsk:

WTF were Births, Deaths & Marriages thinking when they approved that name!

That is quite possibly the stupidest name I've ever heard. It makes 4Real look sane!

What's driving me nuts is trying to figure out exactly where that Raumati Beach photo is, since it's so small and isn't included in a larger size in the slideshow.

That is quite possibly the stupidest name I've ever heard. It makes 4Real look sane!

What's driving me nuts is trying to figure out exactly where that Raumati Beach photo is, since it's so small and isn't included in a larger size in the slideshow.

Why don't you try Google Earth?

ETA: Ok, after looking at it again I realise there's not enough in the pic for that to work!! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom