Shades of Death Road, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since GAF dropped his vote, did Tom only end up with one nom John? :sad:

He actually has two at the moment, which is a lot considering only 19 bands got more than 2 so far, so we probably could use a few more people nominating to boost that up a little

He actually has two at the moment, which is a lot considering only 19 bands got more than 2 so far, so we probably could use a few more people nominating to boost that up a little

Anyone out there love me enough to give TP another nom :wink:

Ooh, now that one is in nice condition, Ax. :up:

Yeah, I've always thought it looks a little fake, like on a model railway. :lol:

But no, I've walked across it myself plenty of times. You may have noticed the tram at the hard right of the photo. That's my line, so to get from the tram to the city-bound side of the tracks, I obviously need to use that level crossing. Always makes me terrified that if my tram's late, the boom gates will be down and I won't make it across the road to the train!

Guys. My video is... FINISHED. It's in the process of saving now, and then I'll just have to upload (which knowing youtube, that'll take about two years :rolleyes: )

Random fact: I always want to type that smilie code as 'eyeroll' and I just realized that sounds like a horror movie version of an eggroll :uhoh:

:evil: Brief story before I mow the lawns....

A special needs kid has been biting and hitting my 6yr old daughter. No problems with him, it's his lack of supervision (ie 9 & 10yr olds watching him and his teacher aide being dumb and dumber). Principal said that my 6yr old needs to 'self-manage' and has taken no steps whatsoever to look into the issue. My daughter started bed wetting, became timid and feared going to school. A teacher has been less active than a sloth in dealing with it too. Principal tried to stop me entering the classroom to watch over my daughter to make sure she was ok...shit hit the fan needless to say. Board became involved thanks to me writing a letter - they're furious as Principal never told them ANYTHING about what had been happening, and that she has fudged the incident reports to make it look like innocent accidents. Had massive soul-inspiring show down with her. Removed kids from the school, and enrolled them and a fantastic school. Fight continues :evil:

Self Manage?? :ohmy: Do you have the heavy anti-bullying policies in NZ? Maybe it is only in NSW even, but anti-bullying is such a huge issue here. Special needs or no, all students have it DRUMMED into them continually. It's an initiative which demands all students, parents and teachers keep pushing. There's no "self manage" about it! Good god.

I'm so glad your daughter is at a better school now. I hope she's settling in there well.

I am starting to zone out. And since the wi-fi's not working, I can't post from bed, so I think after one more song I'm headed out...what's shuffle got for me:hmm:

Yeah, I've always thought it looks a little fake, like on a model railway. :lol:

But no, I've walked across it myself plenty of times. You may have noticed the tram at the hard right of the photo. That's my line, so to get from the tram to the city-bound side of the tracks, I obviously need to use that level crossing. Always makes me terrified that if my tram's late, the boom gates will be down and I won't make it across the road to the train!

I think the pristine condition adds to its quaintness!

I did notice the tram. I think I've said before I wish we had trams here. Sydney have some new ones because the lines were never tarred over. They're just great, but nowhere near comprehensive enough to be useful.

The husband has the startings of, and major plans for one day building a model railway. He hemmed and hawed for ages over it, what type, what size, etc, until one birthday I bought him about 15 metres of track, some steam engines, carriages and a few bits and pieces. One day...

I could make a couple more nominations. :wink:

I think the pristine condition adds to its quaintness!

I did notice the tram. I think I've said before I wish we had trams here. Sydney have some new ones because the lines were never tarred over. They're just great, but nowhere near comprehensive enough to be useful.

The husband has the startings of, and major plans for one day building a model railway. He hemmed and hawed for ages over it, what type, what size, etc, until one birthday I bought him about 15 metres of track, some steam engines, carriages and a few bits and pieces. One day...

You guys used to have such an AWESOME tramway network in Sydney too, until it was torn up in the 1950s. That new tram line on the old Darling Harbour goods railway is at least a start, but from what I hear, your state government just keeps umming and ahhing about extensions to it without doing a single fucking thing except fund more pointless, wasteful studies. For god's sake. This country loves to do studies and never actually does anything tangible. It irritates the shit out of me, and I'm someone who believes in doing extensive consultation and research too! But there's a point where enough's enough.

Oooh, that's pretty awesome. I have some model railway plans lying around, and clear ideas of what to do, but as it stands, no space and no money. Hopefully once I'm a few years into a career though, I'll at least be able to make a start with a nice little station and yard or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom