Sexy Peak, Idaho Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For U2, my list of closers will probably include Mothers Of The Disappeared, Love Is Blindness, and maybe The Wanderer. TGBHF is cut because it's not on the standard pressing of ATYCLB.

I'm currently listing stuff in alphabetical order. I'll then cut some stuff and make a ranking (not sure how much, maybe best 25? 50?). I'm about to do Split Enz right now, and here's my list of closers:

65 Days Of Static: Radio Protector (One Time For All Time)
Alcest: Tir Nan Og (Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde)
Anathema: Temporary Peace (A Fine Day To Exit)
The Bats: Half Way To Nowhere (Silverbeet)
Blackfield: End Of The World (Blackfield II)
The Cure: Untitled (Disintegration)
Cynic: How Could I? (Focus)
Dream Theater: Space-Dye Vest (Awake)
Dream Theater: Trial Of Tears (Falling Into Infinity)
Dream Theater: Only A Matter Of Time (When Dream And Day Unite)
Explosions In The Sky: Your Hand In Mine (The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place)
Marillion: Fugazi (Fugazi)
Marillion: Forgotten Sons (Script For A Jester's Tear)
Nick Drake: From The Morning (Pink Moon)
Opeth: The Apostle In Triumph (Orchid)
Pink Floyd: Sorrow (A Momentary Lapse Of Reason)
Pink Floyd: Bike (Piper At The Gates Of Dawn)
Pink Floyd: High Hopes (The Division Bell)
Porcupine Tree: Collapse The Light Into Earth (In Absentia)
Porcupine Tree: Feel So Low (Lightbulb Sun)
Porcupine Tree: Dark Matter (Signify)
Porcupine Tree: Stop Swimming (Stupid Dream)
Porcupine Tree: Fadeaway (Up The Downstair)
Sculptured: Our Illuminated Tomb (The Spear Of The Lily Is Aureoled)
The Sisters Of Mercy: Some Kind Of Stranger (First And Last And Always)

Don't worry, Tender Is The Night will make it when I get to The Triffids.

On a completely unrelated note, why the hell is it that only younger girls seem to be attracted to me?

I mean, I'm fine with it when I get into my 20s, but at 18, everyone under your age is just a bit wrong and a lot jailbait.

Hey AMENDMENT, how's it going?

Axver said:
Don't worry, Tender Is The Night will make it when I get to The Triffids.

Best album closer. EVAR.

And damn, how could I forget the Wanderer? I went through a period when I was overseas where all I wanted to do was listen to that song over and over again. Still love it. Don't think Bono could've done a better job than Cash on the vocals, either.

major_panic said:
Your blog is interesting, but even blogs are beginning to bore me now. I've spent too much time on the Internet recently, I think.

Somehow, I suspect you don't spend even half the time I do online.

And honestly, I feel my blog's content has been disappointingly shit this month. But in the next day or two, I plan to post my ponderings on the philosophical/theological question I posed to you the other night.

major_panic said:
On a completely unrelated note, why the hell is it that only younger girls seem to be attracted to me?

I mean, I'm fine with it when I get into my 20s, but at 18, everyone under your age is just a bit wrong and a lot jailbait.

Lucky bastard. I wish girls would be attracted to me in the first place. I mean, if they ARE attracted to me, they sure as hell aren't letting me know. In my entire life, I've only known of two girls who were truly attracted to me. One is my ex and the other is now engaged. So.

phillyfan26 said:
What, are you ranking your favorite album closers?

G'day, Amendo. In my latest LJ entry, I mentioned: "If I were to do a list of greatest album openers of all time, Printemps Emeraude would certainly be on it, and Tir Nan Og would appear on the equivalent list for album closers."

So now I'm doing those lists for the hell of it.

Axver said:

Somehow, I suspect you don't spend even half the time I do online.

And honestly, I feel my blog's content has been disappointingly shit this month. But in the next day or two, I plan to post my ponderings on the philosophical/theological question I posed to you the other night.

I don't spend nearly as much time as you do online, at all. It's just that somehow it's beginning to bore me, and my eyes hurt from staring at a computer screen.

That question can quite possibly never be satisfactorily answered. Except by 42.

Girls aren't generally attracted to me because I look younger than I actually am. Taking a few years off 17 isn't good.

major_panic said:

Best album closer. EVAR.

And damn, how could I forget the Wanderer? I went through a period when I was overseas where all I wanted to do was listen to that song over and over again. Still love it. Don't think Bono could've done a better job than Cash on the vocals, either.

I'm inclined to say the best closer ever is Porcupine Tree's Fadeaway.

Cash completely owns Bono when it comes to The Wanderer.

Axver said:

Lucky bastard. I wish girls would be attracted to me in the first place. I mean, if they ARE attracted to me, they sure as hell aren't letting me know. In my entire life, I've only known of two girls who were truly attracted to me. One is my ex and the other is now engaged. So.

Fair enough, but at least you've had a girlfriend, although by sounds of it you probably wish you hadn't.

From what I've seen and heard, AMENDMENT and I are both none for none in that respect. Oh well.

major_panic said:
I don't spend nearly as much time as you do online, at all. It's just that somehow it's beginning to bore me, and my eyes hurt from staring at a computer screen.

That question can quite possibly never be satisfactorily answered. Except by 42.

I don't know how I keep myself interested. I've enjoyed my days out lately so much, I must say.

Yeah, 42's probably the best answer. I think my "answer" will be just more questions. And a good serving of nihilism.

phillyfan26 said:
Girls aren't generally attracted to me because I look younger than I actually am. Taking a few years off 17 isn't good.

Ahh ok, that sucks. For me it's normally a bit hit-and-miss; my age has been guessed at from anything between 16 and 26. I guess most people just can't tell how old Asians are?

I'd tell you that it gets better to cheer you up, but I'm only a year older than you and to do so would just be a blatant lie. So, uh... I hear chloroform is a great way to pick up?

Axver said:

I don't know how I keep myself interested. I've enjoyed my days out lately so much, I must say.

Yeah, 42's probably the best answer. I think my "answer" will be just more questions. And a good serving of nihilism.

I'm gonna do this again, just cause I love the character:

Question03.jpg

Incidentally, the version of Desire from ZooTV Dublin is really, really, really, really irritating me. There's some stupid noise of a car or whatever being constantly repeated again and again. It seriously sucks.

SHIT, it's not just in Desire. It's in the rest of the boot from Desire. #@$%. That's... urgh.

EDIT: IT WAS FROM THE #@$%ING NEWS WEBSITE THAT I WAS LOOKING AT!

major_panic said:
Fair enough, but at least you've had a girlfriend, although by sounds of it you probably wish you hadn't.

From what I've seen and heard, AMENDMENT and I are both none for none in that respect. Oh well.

I still can't quite say how I feel about the whole thing with Kate. I can't figure out why the hell I ever wanted to be her boyfriend in the first place, but I had some very good times. What bugs me most is not anything to do with the romantic relationship we had, but with how little Kate cared for our friendship and trust. She was happy to throw it to the four winds when it suited her mindless chase after short term happiness. I don't like anyone who does that. I'm the sort of person who's fiercely loyal to his friends, I'll stick by them and go to absolutely any lengths, but I will not stand for people who fuck with me.

Axver said:

I still can't quite say how I feel about the whole thing with Kate. I can't figure out why the hell I ever wanted to be her boyfriend in the first place, but I had some very good times. What bugs me most is not anything to do with the romantic relationship we had, but with how little Kate cared for our friendship and trust. She was happy to throw it to the four winds when it suited her mindless chase after short term happiness. I don't like anyone who does that. I'm the sort of person who's fiercely loyal to his friends, I'll stick by them and go to absolutely any lengths, but I will not stand for people who fuck with me.

:hug: You and me, we're quite alike like that.

The major_panic motto: semper fidelis.

major_panic said:
For me it's normally a bit hit-and-miss; my age has been guessed at from anything between 16 and 26. I guess most people just can't tell how old Asians are?

Yeah, you Asians all look the same. How's anybody expected to tell anything about you? :wink:

Actually, on a serious note, please do excuse me at Uni if I just don't spot you. I don't spot ANYONE. I've seriously phoned people who are ten metres in front of my face to see where they are.

Hmm....

The Beatles - A Day in the Life - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland - Born to Run
Bruce Springsteen - Devil's Arcade - Magic
David Bowie - Wild is the Wind - Station to Station
David Bowie - Rock 'n' Roll Suicide - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand in Mine - The Earts Is Not a Cold Dead Place
U2 - Love is Blindness - Achtung Baby
U2 - Mothers of the Disappeared - The Joshua Tree

I own a vastly small number of albums, though.

major_panic said:
I'm gonna do this again, just cause I love the character:

:lol:

EDIT: IT WAS FROM THE #@$%ING NEWS WEBSITE THAT I WAS LOOKING AT!

Double :lol:

And go on, say 'fucking', you know you want to. :wink:

/badinfluence?

Axver said:

I saw mentions of this in your blog. Sounds rough.

major_panic said:

:hug: You and me, we're quite alike like that.

The major_panic motto: semper fidelis.

Appropriate motto for a Maj., eh? :wink:

I suspect any Axver motto would be spectacularly crude and use the word 'fuck' just for the sake of being irreverent.

Axver said:

Yeah, you Asians all look the same. How's anybody expected to tell anything about you? :wink:

Actually, on a serious note, please do excuse me at Uni if I just don't spot you. I don't spot ANYONE. I've seriously phoned people who are ten metres in front of my face to see where they are.

:lol: You do have that eyesight problem and all that, so that's ok.

Also, I have to post these, just because I can and I'm Asian:

n774640071_2393003_9537.jpg

n676027281_617306_2486.jpg

phillyfan26 said:

I saw mentions of this in your blog. Sounds rough.

Yeah ... cutting Kate out has really killed me. She's been the centre of my life since about mid-2004 and I feel a bit lost at the moment really.

I have no motto. It would probably be something like "What's for dinner?" or "What the hell was that sound?"

Axver said:

And go on, say 'fucking', you know you want to. :wink:

/badinfluence?

See the thing is, I save it for special occasions. When you hear me say that, either I'm making a point, or fairly angry.

When I'm really angry though, all swear words just disappear. Then you know it's time to get out into the old bomb shelter.

Axver said:
Yeah ... cutting Kate out has really killed me. She's been the centre of my life since about mid-2004 and I feel a bit lost at the moment really.

Well, hanging out with other train lovers is a good start to moving on.

phillyfan26 said:
I have no motto. It would probably be something like "What's for dinner?" or "What the hell was that sound?"

Dyslecixs untie!

"What the hell was that sound" seems pretty good, actually. :hmm:

major_panic said:

:lol: You do have that eyesight problem and all that, so that's ok.

Normally, if I know what somebody's wearing, I have a fairly reasonable shot at spotting them from a vaguely decent distance.

Some friends have taken advantage of this. If they're wearing a sweatshirt in the morning and we meet again later, they'll take it off just to see how long it takes me to spot them in "new" clothes.

This is too funny! :lmao:

phillyfan26 said:

Well, hanging out with other train lovers is a good start to moving on.

Yeah. Once I get back to uni and we start hanging out, hopefully that'll help too.

That, or one of our brains'll explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom