Sexuality and the Showoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
Question. (or two)

Are people who are attracted to men, attracted to showoffs? I am personally not.

I'm a little bewildered that some people are starting to find Adam Clayton, of the Irish/UK pop combo U2, attractive. He has made a few minor alterations to his appearance in recent years but nothing major. Besides the pics of Adam without glasses and with straight teeth were available for public consumption last year. It's really only been since the Vertigo tour commenced that Adams popularity has escalated. Why is this? Is this because Adam has been showing off on this tour? Adam looks pretty much the same as he did last year except this year he is suddenly attractive. Don't get me wrong. Some people may find this difficult to believe but I find Mr Clayton devilish handsome myself.

My question : Are men who are showoffs/the class clown etc more attractive than the cool quiet guy? Discuss, explore, extrapolate.

IMO, he's kinda both. He is both cool, quiet (BP Fallon says he actually kinda shy), and a bit show offy. Look how he stands when playing bass--cool, confident. He was said to be a class clown in school, he streaked the halls of his high school.

Men don't usually pose nude unless they're confident in...that area.

Think it depends how much of a show-off. If it's every once in a while, that's fine, but if it's all the time, it is a bit off-putting.

I, hard as some people find it to believe, do look for personality, how a guy is, rather than his looks specifically. I do admit I'll notice a guy's hair before anything else first, but I want a guy who's pleasant to be around.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Yeah, I think that's what I meant. However, I don't really see Bono as a show-off, at least not anymore. In his younger days, yes, but now....I dunno, he seems a lot more genuine in everything he does and less "I'm king of the world". Of course he's very energetic onstage, but that's merely his rock star persona. The times I've been fortunate enough to meet him at places/events having nothing to do with U2 or rock concerts, he's been very calm, polite, quiet, almost shy.

Robin Williams....I've always liked him as an actor, but not much as a person, so I supposed you're right on there.

Agreed, most people get their impression on Bono from his stage act or when he talks about the band.

Chizip said:
the biggest show off on interference is deathbear and nobody is attracted to him :shrug:

:lmao:

I noticed Adam :drool: in this way for the first time this tour. I do think it is because his swagger/confidence level seemed to have gone up quite a bit.

I have always known that I was attracted to people that love the spotlight a little or a lot *coughbonocough*, I think that is because it is the total opposite of me, as I am painfully shy.

3449758723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2323%3D%3A78%3D328%3D3232%3A78237588nu0mrj
:rockon:

Palace_Hero said:

Thats fine that you prefer quieter guys, thats a preference, but it's quite offensive for people to say people lack self esteem if they are a bit more bolshy.

it was simply something that beli brought up, and it is true in SOME, not all people. Some are just egomaniacal jerks :shrug:

I do find it interesting that you would point this out as offensive, when people point out so many things you say on here that they find offensive and you brush that off as you expressing your opinion..that they are being too "politically correct"

MrsSpringsteen said:

it was simply something that beli brought up, and it is true in SOME, not all people. Some are just egomaniacal jerks :shrug:

I do find it interesting that you would point this out as offensive, when people point out so many things you say on here that they find offensive and you brush that off as you expressing your opinion..that they are being too "politically correct"

Saying 'in general' and 'many' is far more dominant sounding thant 'some' and 'not all'.

I'm struggling with the double standards. I don't want to be marginalised for things that are ok for others.

timothius said:

Just for the record. I never have, nor never will be attracted to Adam Clayton.

We'll see.

;)

I don't see how Adam has been showing off on this tour. I always just perceived it as being that he's now more into the performance side of things. He still remains pretty quiet in all the interviews i've seen of U2 in the HTDAAB era.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:

:lol: Yeah, I agree. In my experience, the guys I've known who were "show offs" were either trying to make up for somthing lacking in the confidence department, or were just plain annoying beyond description.

Why do guys feel like they have to show off anyway? What's wrong with being genuinely funny, witty, and respectful?

The reason I have always liked Adam is he is a bit of the "underdog" of the group. I can relate to that.:yes: He enjoys being naked and is quite proud of his wobbley bits, as am I!:wink: I am even more proud of his though:drool:. I think he is now at his best because he is sober and natural!!! I think that is so sexy!!! I :heart: :adam: Go Silver Fox!! :bow:

Back
Top Bottom