Sexual orientation and music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
joyfulgirl said:

But it is interesting that even accents tend to disappear in a singing voice. I as an American can't, for example, necessarily tell if someone is British from their singing voice.

That's easy. Maybe you just need to have a 3rd party accent, although there are plenty of US bands that have aped a British accent.

Most people singing in English have the same accent, somewhere between British and American, IMO.

I kind of making my thesis to obtain my degree about this...

not actually about music, but about a music channel: VH1

why VH1 has a gay vibe? actually VH1 Latin America, of course, that is the one I have

and well, I think some music sounds gay, and some musicians gay don't sound like that (Final Fantasy, Rob Halford, et. al.)... for example, Madonna sounds gay... and she isn't... well... you know

I'm studying the LGBT Pride as a social movement, beyond the sexual preferences

Zootlesque said:

Well... Martin Gore is gay, isn't he? But anyway, that's not the point!

Well, as far as I know, he's not gay. He's been married a couple times and has a few kids. I know that's no solid proof, but as I far as I've ever heard he's never shacked up with a guy. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

Fitz, I think you may be misunderstanding the intent of this thread. I did not intend this to offend anybody and I'm sure U2Man does not intend to offend anybody with his belief either.

No worries, Zoots. I wasn't offended at all. :wink: I thought it was a bizarre and speculative premise, but I wasn't offended.

I [think] I know you better than that by now. :wink:

Some gay guys especially have a distinctive manner of speaking, and if that isn't completely masked by the singing 'accent' then sure, it's possible.

Would Al Stewart's Year of the Cat be a fair example? And Soft Cell's Tainted Love?

Speaking of Al Stewart, any Tori Amos fans might enjoy this clip, or at least the funny background story, sorry if it's already been posted:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U1FS7VdrEQQ

:shrug:

When I saw Frankie Goes to Hollywood a few decades back, there were teenage girls flinging their underwear onstage, much to the amusement of the gentlemen onstage.

I guess not everyone pays attention to that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom