Sexed Up by Robbie Williams Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have discovered this song and fallen in love with it. I think it's more of an infatuation but man, it's great.

What does that "we're not sexed up" line mean?

I feel like this song needs more appreciating.

I haven't heard this song. But right now my current Robbie Williams obsession is "She's Madonna." It's awesome!

I need the perspective of Robbie fans - is "Rudebox" worth getting? I kept hearing how bizarre and awful it was. But if there's anything else on it as brilliant as "She's Madonna," I'll have to find a copy.

And down the waterfaaaall wherever it may take me...

I like that one! Dunno this one you're talking bout.

Sexed up is one of my fave RW songs :drool:
It's so bitter.... Escapology imo is his best album- every song on it is awesome, Robbie's golden years for sure (i definately recommend it)

As for BrownEyedBoys question about what "we're not sexed up" means. The song is a massive break-up rant... i'd say it's when a guy gets dumped, his natural reaction is to be defensive and act as though he doesn't care, moving on to find what he deems as affection, which in this case is sex-
eg
"Screw you I didn't like your taste
Anway, I chose you
Let's all gone to wasted Saturday
I'll go out and find another you"

As for Rudebox, i don't know, i hated Intensive Care and haven't yet bought Rudebox incase i hate it too... but the singles i've heard seem ok...

Loose lips on ships
I'm getting to grips
With what you said
Know it's not in my head
I can't awake and forget day after day
Why don't we talk about it
Why do you always doubt
That there can be a better way
It doesn't make me want to stay

Why don't we break up
There's nothing left to say
I got my eye shut praying they won't stray
And when I sexed up
That's what makes the difference today
I hope you blow away

You said we're fatally flopped
When I'm easily bored
Is that okay?
Strike me off your list
Made this the last kiss
I'll walk away

Why don't we talk about it
I'm only here Don't shout it
Given time we'll forget
Let's pretend we never meet

Chorus

Screw you I didn't like your taste
Anway, I chose you
Let's all gone to wasted Saturday
I'll go out and find another you

Why don't we
Why don't we break up
There's nothing left to say
I got my eye shirt praying they won't stray
Oh! When I sexed up
That's what makes the difference today
I hope you blow away

sexed up is a great song. i'm also a big fan of Angel. although, to be honest, i can't listen to him singing Kids anymore. Bono beat him down with that song.

*post edited for utter foolishness*

Last edited:
Oh no, I'm well aware of Bono singing Kids with Kylie (and it's so awesome :drool: ). Is that the song you were thinking of, unico?

Or does he throw a snippet of Rock DJ in their version of Kids?

I like the original Sexed up version a lot more. It was a b-side from one of his 'Ivé been expecting you' singles from 1998, I don't know which one.

I think Escapology is his best album, Life thru a lens close (more britpop). As for Rudebox, I still don't know what to think about it. A couple of songs are just great (rudebox, lovelight, were the pet shop boys, kiss), but others are not even worth a listen...

robbie thread AWESOME ! :heart:

i have all his albums and rudebox is the worst to be truthful. lovelight , rudebox and good doctor are good songs from it but i didnt think alot of the rest of the album .

I like Robbie, great vocalist, great showman ... I'm more into his ballads, my favs are Angels and Advertising Space. Not so much into his newer stuff.

I like Robbie alot, he's such a charismatic singer, I think one of the best the UK's produced in recent times. He's big all over the world with the exception of America. He just can't seem to crack it, despite trying very hard and I think he's given up now. Anyway Sexed Up is great, it does capture that feeling of two people who have just reached the end with each other and its simpler and less painful to just break-up, my favourite lyric is:

'Why don't we talk about it, I'm only here don't shout it' :wink:

But I also like Better Man, Let Love Be Your Energy, Supreme, Love Somebody, Misunderstood, Song 3 :rockon: and of course Angels. I keep thinking about buying his latest album but never get around to it, it didn't do too well with the critics or the public so I'm undecided.

Last edited:
I love SUPREME, COME UNDONE and MONSOON

amazing.. especially Supreme (When there's nooooo, love in town, and this new century, keeps bringging you down... :love: )

'Rudebox' is OK - he went out on a limb, and it didn't 100% payoff. There is gold in there though - 'Lovelight', 'Summertime', 'The 90's', 'She's Madonna'...

'Escapology' would be the Robbie CD I'd give a first time listener though - 'Feel', 'Come Undone', 'Hot Fudge', 'Handsome Man'...:drool:

Personally I can't go past 'I've Been Expecting You' - 'Phoenix From The Flames' and 'No Regrets' - genius... However 'Let Love Be Your Energy' is my all time fave Robbie track.:wink:

I have The Ego Has Landed, which is chock full o' good pop hits, and a couple of great ones (Let Me Entertain You, Angels and Millennium). Then I got his greatest hits CD, and I was kind of disappointed.

If I find a cheap(ish) used copy of Rudebox, I may pick it up out of curiosity.

I think Ego is really good, but the three big hits are all on the greatest hits CD, so ... I dunno. Pick it up if you find a cheap, used copy. :wink:

when I saw him on Live 8 (on the live feed, it doesn't translates well to the DVD), when he begins with LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU, the crowd goes absolutely ballistic... it was amazing...

that's a great song

and ADVERTISING SPACE is the best Elvis tribute song I've ever heard--

Oooh, I also love Trippin' from Intensive Care.

That's one of those songs where the verses aren't much special, but the chorus is great. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom