Sexbierum, Holland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
Ax, what is your favorite setlist gem? Mine is

21. Angel of Harlem
22. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
23. Kite

All of this:

06. An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. One
09. Bad
10. The First Time (acoustic)
11. Running To Stand Still
12. Silver And Gold
13. London Calling
14. New Year's Day
15. Acrobat

I'm trying to decide if I should critique it on the thread, or if somebody will just get their knickers in a knot and bitch about me being too harsh/negative/whatever.

Axver said:

All of this:

06. An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. One
09. Bad
10. The First Time (acoustic)
11. Running To Stand Still
12. Silver And Gold
13. London Calling
14. New Year's Day
15. Acrobat

I'm trying to decide if I should critique it on the thread, or if somebody will just get their knickers in a knot and bitch about me being too harsh/negative/whatever.

Yeah that bit is ODD, especially the beginning and end of it, the middle 8-11 works decently on flow alone if it were isolated but not for what you want to do during a concert.

have you made it to the response by ultrav92?

Varitek said:

Yeah that bit is ODD, especially the beginning and end of it, the middle 8-11 works decently on flow alone if it were isolated but not for what you want to do during a concert.

The problem is that by track 11, the audience has gotten BORED. It's so slooowwww.

have you made it to the response by ultrav92?

That was the "oh my non-existent fucking god".

The Sad Punk said:
We're still here?

Not for long!

Where to next, folks?

We should push for a new thread on the 22nd, our three month anniversary, and visit Whorehouse Meadow that day.

Axver said:

The problem is that by track 11, the audience has gotten BORED. It's so slooowwww.

That was the "oh my non-existent fucking god".

right, it'd be ok on a playlist meant to calm you down, but not in the middle of a set.

and, ah. that makes sense. I couldn't come up with anything to say beyond WHY and any conceivable response (bono is good at guitar, bono and edge jam well together hahaha bono jamming, edge needs support) will belie (belay?) a severe disconnect with reality.

(apparently neither one of those words is applicable, i'll go with "reveal." or "betray")

and here we go, it's getting light. FUCK.

Axver said:

Not for long!

Where to next, folks?

We should push for a new thread on the 22nd, our three month anniversary, and visit Whorehouse Meadow that day.

sounds good.

was it really only 3 months ago? way to suck up my whole semester when i should have been writing this damn thesis.

Varitek said:
right, it'd be ok on a playlist meant to calm you down, but not in the middle of a set.

and, ah. that makes sense. I couldn't come up with anything to say beyond WHY and any conceivable response (bono is good at guitar, bono and edge jam well together hahaha bono jamming, edge needs support) will belie (belay?) a severe disconnect with reality.

The stupidest thing is that almost all of those songs DON'T NEED a second guitar and have been quite successfully played live before with just Edge. It's like how absurd it was to see Bono holding a guitar during 11OTT and IWF on Elevation. HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU POSSIBLY NEED A SECOND GUITAR IN I WILL FOLLOW?!

Varitek said:
was it really only 3 months ago? way to suck up my whole semester when i should have been writing this damn thesis.

:lol: Yeah, it began on 22 February.

Though it might've still been 21 February for you, not sure.

Axver said:

The stupidest thing is that almost all of those songs DON'T NEED a second guitar and have been quite successfully played live before with just Edge. It's like how absurd it was to see Bono holding a guitar during 11OTT and IWF on Elevation. HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU POSSIBLY NEED A SECOND GUITAR IN I WILL FOLLOW?!

Maybe they'll use the 2nd guitar to play just a tiny bit off the first, EITS style, to create atmosphere. But that would require Bono to actually know how to play it, and to be able to learn tabs when he can't even remember his own damn lyrics.

Axver said:

:lol: Yeah, it began on 22 February.

Though it might've still been 21 February for you, not sure.

It was like 9pm for me, remember it was 3am in Liechtenstein, so yeah, the 21st for me. Which means we have only 40 hours or so to get it started.

Varitek said:

Maybe they'll use the 2nd guitar to play just a tiny bit off the first, EITS style, to create atmosphere. But that would require Bono to actually know how to play it, and to be able to learn tabs when he can't even remember his own damn lyrics.

Yeah. Because this is a good idea, it will never happen.

Meanwhile, Bono will probably dig out his harmonica and wail over Bad or something stupid like that.

Varitek said:

It was like 9pm for me, remember it was 3am in Liechtenstein, so yeah, the 21st for me. Which means we have only 40 hours or so to get it started.

No, no, 22/02 was when the postwhorehouse began in Pop Survivor Round One, not Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein was 25/02 for me.

I propose that we go to Westward Ho!, Devon next, blitz through it, and hit Whorehouse Meadow, Oregon on 22/05.

Axver said:

No, no, 22/02 was when the postwhorehouse began in Pop Survivor Round One, not Liechtenstein. Liechtenstein was 25/02 for me.

Oooooooh. Well it was probably past my midnight by the time it got going, if not close to it. We can call it 22nd for the sake of needing the time to finish a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom