Sexbierum, Holland Superthread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2008, 02:43 AM   #481
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Old 05-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #482
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Basically, they retold her (rather short, as she was only 18 or 19 then) life story, had new interviews with her parents, friends, and relatives...etc.

Yes, the American news media is a joke.
Bloody hell. So, what, did you end up with bullshit interviews with people like "yeah, I lived on the same block as her when she was 5 ... I was 3 at the time, don't really remember her ..."

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #483
Vocal parasite

I'm so going to hell, but I can't stop laughing at this news story.

Quote:
THE coroner will investigate the death of a 20-year-old man who died on the top of Melbourne train overnight.

Police say the Werribee man was train surfing.

It is believed the man got onto the roof of the train at Newport railway station, in Melbourne's west, just after 1am (AEST) this morning.

The body was then seen by passengers at Flinders Street station in Melbourne's CBD around 8.30am (AEST) today.

“He was electrocuted and we believe he was train surfing,” a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.

While the matter was still being investigated, Connex spokesman John Rees confirmed a male was found electrocuted on the roof of the train.

Apparently he had his hand on the pantograph – the construction on top of the train which comes into contact with the overhead power,” Mr Rees said.

The man's body was recovered by members of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade after power to the train line was switched off.

Police say they will now prepare a report for the coroner.
"Oooh, there's this thing leading from the train to the electric wires, LET'S TOUCH IT! That would be a smart move!"

What a fucking dipshit. All I can say is: OWNED.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #484
The Male

Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Bloody hell. So, what, did you end up with bullshit interviews with people like "yeah, I lived on the same block as her when she was 5 ... I was 3 at the time, don't really remember her ..."
Indeed we did. And it was horrific.

The sad part is that this has happened many times over the years in different incarnations.

Now.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:54 AM   #485
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Indeed we did. And it was horrific.

The sad part is that this has happened many times over the years in different incarnations.
And somehow, enough people lap up this drivel that the networks continue to get ratings out of it? Wow.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 03:01 AM   #486
The Male

Quote:

And somehow, enough people lap up this drivel that the networks continue to get ratings out of it? Wow.
It's not always like this...often times it's not purely voyeuristic like this, but instead the stories are made purely to tug at your heartstrings...for ratings. Which is arguably more despicable.

Now.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:12 AM   #487
Vocal parasite

Quote:

It's not always like this...often times it's not purely voyeuristic like this, but instead the stories are made purely to tug at your heartstrings...for ratings. Which is arguably more despicable.
What really bothered me was how hard it was to find out about any news elsewhere in the world. I have always had a problem with insufficient global coverage by Australian media outlets, but American television and newspapers seemed to barely have ANYTHING. Unless, of course, it's Iraq or whatever.

That's one thing I've always liked about New Zealand - the country's so fucking small and not enough happens, so they HAVE to bring in some global news. One of the perks of being a little place on the periphery, I suppose. Though recent trips back home have certainly made me feel like Kiwi news is going to shit and isn't as globally-focused as I remember from my childhood, when I watched the Bosnian crisis and could spell Srebrenica before I turned nine.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 03:16 AM   #488
The Male

Quote:

What really bothered me was how hard it was to find out about any news elsewhere in the world.
Yeah, you don't find such things here very often.

Now.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:18 AM   #489
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:40 PM
The biggest impacts on NZ media that i can recall are:

- September 11
- London Bombings
- Sir Ed's death

All of those were about the only things i can remember that interrupted normal programming, and only September 11 interrupted normal broadcasting for days.

*I'd had this post ready to go before i went out to pick up dinner, so if the conversation is past this, stiff shit.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:20 AM   #490
Blue Crack Distributor

I love late night trips to the store
Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 AM   #491
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
The biggest impacts on NZ media that i can recall are:

- September 11
- London Bombings
- Sir Ed's death

All of those were about the only things i can remember that interrupted normal programming, and only September 11 interrupted normal broadcasting for days.

*I'd had this post ready to go before i went out to pick up dinner, so if the conversation is past this, stiff shit.
What about the start of the Iraq War? That interrupted normal programming here for a few hours - I remember watching it in the library at school during one of my study periods.

I don't actually remember the London bombings interrupting regular programming, but they might've. I mostly followed that online.

Oh, and the Boxing Day tsunami made an impact too, though I ranted at the time that it was disgusting it didn't even get half the coverage 11 September 2001 did despite being a much bigger event.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 03:26 AM   #492
Blue Crack Distributor

the london bombings were so weird for me because i was in Japan when they happened, and I understood from the news that SOMETHING was up, but I was on the week of the trip that was a homestay, and no one could really coherently explain to me exactly what happened, so I didn't find out all the details for three days.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:22 AM   #493
Vocal parasite

Dead thread?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:10 PM
thread getting pwnd
Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #495
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:

What about the start of the Iraq War? That interrupted normal programming here for a few hours - I remember watching it in the library at school during one of my study periods.

I don't actually remember the London bombings interrupting regular programming, but they might've. I mostly followed that online.

Oh, and the Boxing Day tsunami made an impact too, though I ranted at the time that it was disgusting it didn't even get half the coverage 11 September 2001 did despite being a much bigger event.
I can't honestly say i remember the Iraq War. And the day of the tsunami i was as cricket and too tired when i got home to watch TV - it wasn't for about 24 hours later before i actually paid any attention to any media.

Tags
superthread