Sexbierum, Holland Superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2008, 02:22 AM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Saskatchewan is one of the most fun words ever. Say it. Saskaaaaaatchewaaan.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:23 AM   #467
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

And sold by a Maori fellow from the back of his beaten up van that's packed with his kids out for a day with Dad.
Chuck out thus choooooooooice rooting bro!

Old 05-18-2008, 02:24 AM   #468
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

That's how it is here in this country ALL THE TIME, about anything.
HOW DO YOU NOT GO INSANE.

Seriously. In 2006, SBS here made a point of covering the Israeli invasion of Lebanon extensively. My flatmate and I made jokes every night about how it would be the lead story, and took bets on how many of the headlines would in some way pertain to the conflict. And yet they never used more than a quarter or a third of an hour-long bulletin on it before going to other news. Even that to us seemed a bit over-the-top, and that was a fucking huge event. This was just some tart.

I remain amazed at how many different ways your news broadcasters found to repeat THE SAME DAMN THING in one evening.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #469
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

Chuck out thus choooooooooice rooting bro!
Loooadsuh ucks ucks ucks uckshun, bro! Might wunna hide it frum thuh mussus, eh heheh.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:26 AM   #470
The Male

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:

HOW DO YOU NOT GO INSANE.

Seriously. In 2006, SBS here made a point of covering the Israeli invasion of Lebanon extensively. My flatmate and I made jokes every night about how it would be the lead story, and took bets on how many of the headlines would in some way pertain to the conflict. And yet they never used more than a quarter or a third of an hour-long bulletin on it before going to other news. Even that to us seemed a bit over-the-top, and that was a fucking huge event. This was just some tart.

I remain amazed at how many different ways your news broadcasters found to repeat THE SAME DAMN THING in one evening.
DOL should remember this, but there was this hot blonde chick who went missing in Aruba a few years back, and that's all that they had on the news for about 6 months straight or more. It was horrifying.

Now.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:26 AM   #471
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
Saskatchewan is one of the most fun words ever. Say it. Saskaaaaaatchewaaan.
And its capital is Regina. Regina.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:28 AM   #472
Vocal parasite

Quote:

DOL should remember this, but there was this hot blonde chick who went missing in Aruba a few years back, and that's all that they had on the news for about 6 months straight or more. It was horrifying.
Oh, I remember that story. I saw some Americans here bitching about the absolutely over-the-top news coverage, but ... I had no idea quite to what extreme they meant. I mean, I define over the top as taking at least ten minutes to get to other news!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:31 AM   #473
The Male

Quote:

Oh, I remember that story. I saw some Americans here bitching about the absolutely over-the-top news coverage, but ... I had no idea quite to what extreme they meant. I mean, I define over the top as taking at least ten minutes to get to other news!
Months, Axver. MONTHS.

And they never found the body. Nothing. Months wasted. And guess what, as of February, they've supposedly reopened the case!

Now.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:32 AM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
If she'd been less hot, less blonde, less white it would've gotten far less coverage.

Remember when there was a foiled terrorist plot on JFK airport in NYC last summer? It got almost no news coverage because that was the week Paris Hilton went to jail.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:33 AM   #475
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:38 PM
Fuck. And i think the news quality is bad here.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #476
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Months, Axver. MONTHS.

And they never found the body. Nothing. Months wasted. And guess what, as of February, they've supposedly reopened the case!
But ... but ... how can you have so much to say for MONTHS? I mean, what more is there beyond "still no body found today, and in other news ..."?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:36 AM   #477
Blue Crack Addict

At least some news anchors here still have dignity and one became famous for refusing to lead with a Paris Hilton story:

Old 05-18-2008, 02:37 AM   #478
The Male

Quote:

But ... but ... how can you have so much to say for MONTHS? I mean, what more is there beyond "still no body found today, and in other news ..."?
Basically, they retold her (rather short, as she was only 18 or 19 then) life story, had new interviews with her parents, friends, and relatives...etc.

Yes, the American news media is a joke.

Now.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:38 AM   #479
Vocal parasite

I can only think of one time in my entire life that the news has completely honed in on one event exclusively here, and that was 11 September 2001. All five of the main channels took feeds from major overseas news networks for the first 24-36 hours or so. Channel 10 was the first to return to normal programming. 7, 9, and the ABC followed over the next couple of days. I think SBS stopped taking the BBC's feed after four or five days, though on the last day or two they might have just been showing it in chunks with normal programming interspersed throughout it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #480
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
At least some news anchors here still have dignity and one became famous for refusing to lead with a Paris Hilton story:

Tags
superthread