Sexbierum, Holland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
I think it's more well executed as a concept album, if you were to compare it to something like Diamond Dogs. However, I don't think it's got the song quality overall of anything he did in the 70s besides Young Americans.

I think it has some of his best songs. I love the depth of the work. It is probably better executed then his other concept records. Earthling is awesome too. I love 90's Bowie.

phanan said:
A fuckin' no hitter for Jon Lester.

:hyper:

Been so buried in work and school I haven't even had time for the Phils, let alone the Junior Circuit.

Good for him.

I think a guy from my school's cousin just debuted as a pitcher against the Sox the other day.

and the fact that my mom is on a business trip and was giving a workshop during the game; normally she woulda called me and probably woulda been there.

FUCK THIS FUCKING THESIS

phanan said:
What a great story, after all he's been through, to get this.

I'm happy for him, but Jesus Baseball Tonight/Sports Center...other things happened today! :lol:

bono_212 said:

I'm happy for him, but Jesus Baseball Tonight/Sports Center...other things happened today! :lol:

Not true. Not only are no hitters a HUGE FUCKING DEAL (2nd only in rarity to their prolific big brother the perfect game) but no hitters by rookies are a HUGER FUCKING DEAL and no hitters by rookie cancer survivors are the HUGEST FUCKING DEAL.

AND I FUCKING MISSED IT.

so did my mom, so we'll at least be able to record a replay and watch it together when i get home.

ok back to the thesis. raise your hand if you've heard of the kimberly process and maybe i'll cite interference for my claim that "recently, international attention has been drawn to the issue of blood diamonds."

p.s. It says a ton about my man Jason Varitek that he has caught an MLB record 4 no hitters. 4 different pitchers, too, no getting lucky and catching Nolan Ryan a bunch or anything like that. It just proves how awesome he is at calling a game, how well prepared he is, how well he works with his pitchers, especially young guys and guys like D-Lowe who was sorta new to starting. He's also come really close with Pedro and Wakefield. Basically I am currently proud to have chosen this username.

OK I still wish I'd chosen something to do with U2.

The Jason Varitek part was also amazing.

And I only mean, I was trying to watch Baseball tonight about something else, having heard all about the No hitter throughout the entire ending of the Cubs game as it was, and then they covered it for half of Baseball Tonight. I'm always grumpy when something big happens because it gets all the air time though. But I really DO thinik it's amazing and a superhuge deal.

uh, midnight tonight (tuesday) but i can probably beg it back a little bit. but not much, i have other stuff to do. but then, i do have to actually finish writing it, so however much time that takes is how much time i need.

Varitek said:
uh, midnight tonight (tuesday) but i can probably beg it back a little bit. but not much, i have other stuff to do. but then, i do have to actually finish writing it, so however much time that takes is how much time i need.

I wish you luck, i am so glad that's over for me for the summer

bono_212 said:

I wish you luck, i am so glad that's over for me for the summer

Well, when I finish, (and write a quick other final paper and have a quick oral exam, neither is a big deal just take time and constrain my schedule here) I WILL BE DONE WITH COLLEGE.

And I kinda wanna never go back to school, but I do need a master's to go where I want to go...but right now I'm thinking, at least 5 years off. So there's a powerful fucking incentive to finish, being done forever and receiving my diploma, but damn, so I have a lot of writing to do.

Then I will be drunk and high (emotionally and artificially) and party it up until graduation. But first, I finish the torture.

The paper's actually interesting too. It's always my problem that I'm bored by the idea of work and never want to start, but then when I get around to actually doing the work it's interesting and would be enjoyable if I weren't so stressed and overtired because of the last minute thing.

coolian2 said:
I think tonight might be the night where Bono sings Vertigo on Stars in their eyes.

Vertigo rather than One?

Either way, I hate that these people only ever do the biggest or most recent hits. Surely they have songs by the respective artists they like more than the ones they always trot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom