Sexbierum, Holland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

Last Night on Earth was U2's last rock song :sigh:

I'd say Gone rocks more and it's after LNOE in the tracklist, so it's U2's last rock song. :wink:

Hold on, I'm trying tpo get my sister's comp to work. But screwtype...I have a long involved ansawer for you

Well, I'm off to uni for 2.5-3 hours.

Have a good one, folks. :wave:

OK...Screwtype, I play saxaphone, so I real just loe the fact that Clarence exists. It's hard to choose a favorite for me because the're all so good, and I feel pressured to stereotpically say Jungleland. On the other hand, my current ringtone is the Born to Run solo and I really do love that so much.

I think that he puts a lot of effort into each one and they're all great. Jungleland is magnificent, but I think BTR's my favorite

bono_212 said:
OK...Screwtype, I play saxaphone, so I real just loe the fact that Clarence exists. It's hard to choose a favorite for me because the're all so good, and I feel pressured to stereotpically say Jungleland. On the other hand, my current ringtone is the Born to Run solo and I really do love that so much.

I think that he puts a lot of effort into each one and they're all great. Jungleland is magnificent, but I think BTR's my favorite

I love the sax. I think that Jungleland and the Born To Run solo are his best of what I've heard.

Who are your other favorite sax players?

I don't know a lot, I hate tht I don't know more than I should. That's why I love Clarence so very mcuh, because he's finally a sax player that I can follow easily

razz.gif

Good evening, everyone. :wave:

Waste of time lecture fortunately wasn't a waste of time. They did manage to get in a guest lecturer who had experienced the Darfur genocide first-hand, so that made it a hell of a lot more interesting than the half-incompetent lecturer rambling about facts he probably looked up on Wikipedia.

The most interesting part is that this guy became a refugee before the international community accepts the genocide began (which really has a lot to do with 1. Darfur being ignored for ages and 2. trying to reach compromises with the central Sudanese government, who say there's no genocide at all). He fled Darfur in 1999; the usual starting date given for the conflict is 2003. But it stretches back into the late 1970s and genocidal actions were already taking place in the 1990s, with the government particularly targeting intellectuals and small business operators. His village was burnt to the ground in 1999, so he got the fuck out of the place. Cool guy too; his English was amazing and he had a good sense of humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom