Sexbierum, Holland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering, if I just made my own plain, savoury cake mix, like what I might use for a fruit cake but without the fruit, would that be sufficient?

Axver said:

Of course we don't have ounces, we use metric. Grams and kilograms, man.

But it wasn't that, I'm wondering what the fuck yellow cake is.

28 grams in an ounce. Therefore, 16 ounces = roughly half a kilogram (28 x 16 = 448 divided by 1,000 = yeah). Just sayin'.

No spoken words said:
Do you know anything? At all? And don't say "I know that you're a douche bag" because all that will get you is an in-person demonstration of the true meaning of the word "pound", as I pound you into the Earth, never to be heard from again. Hope all is well.

Here's what I know: try as you may, you will never find me. Ever. I will taunt you. I'll stand high on buildings and shout your name down, disappearing before you can hope to reach me. I'll leave trails to my location, and will elude your every attempt. I'll even set traps to cause you harm but not kill you, just to play with your mind. Occassionally, I'll even hit you quickly before, once again, escaping to another undisclosed location. Because, try as you may, your size cannot beat my speed and smarts.

Also, I know that you're a douche bag.

LemonMelon said:

28 grams in an ounce. Therefore, 16 ounces = roughly half a kilogram (28 x 16 = 448 divided by 1,000 = yeah). Just sayin'.

That doesn't help me find out what yellow cake is and what I'm meant to use. :wink:

For all I know, we could have it here. I've never looked at cake mixes in the supermarket. My mother's always baked her own cakes, since she used to do that professionally, and I've learnt off her.

Yellow cake mix:

cakeay1.gif

I have a box of that in my pantry right now. 517 grams, apparently.

phillyfan26 said:

Here's what I know: try as you may, you will never find me. Ever. I will taunt you. I'll stand high on buildings and shout your name down, disappearing before you can hope to reach me. I'll leave trails to my location, and will elude your every attempt. I'll even set traps to cause you harm but not kill you, just to play with your mind. Occassionally, I'll even hit you quickly before, once again, escaping to another undisclosed location. Because, try as you may, your size cannot beat my speed and smarts.

Also, I know that you're a douche bag.

You have to sleep, though.

Sweet dreams!

No spoken words said:
You have to sleep, though.

Sweet dreams!

I'll leave you so lost and confused that I will have many hours to sleep comfortably knowing you could not find me. And if you are ever nearby, I will simply shout at you. No spoken words, just a scream ... you know, since I'm a fan of irony.

Last edited:
Axver said:

That doesn't help me find out what yellow cake is and what I'm meant to use. :wink:

For all I know, we could have it here. I've never looked at cake mixes in the supermarket. My mother's always baked her own cakes, since she used to do that professionally, and I've learnt off her.

Yellow Cake:

1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

So, yeah, mostly eggs, sugar, and flour.

phillyfan26 said:

Yellow Cake:

1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

So, yeah, mostly eggs, sugar, and flour.

Ah, righto. Oddly enough, looking up yellow cake on Wikipedia just brings me to a page about uranium and Iraq.

From my own experience though, the mixture used for the cookie bars comes out slightly thicker than regular cake batter. There's slightly less liquid used, I guess. Plus the addition of brown sugar.

Axver said:

Ah, righto. Oddly enough, looking up yellow cake on Wikipedia just brings me to a page about uranium and Iraq.

It's that taken for granted. I never knew what it was but never questioned it either.

NSW, did you hear the rumors Dalton alluded to last night? About how Vazza's in the negatives on the purity test?

And Vazza, you were asking about my tux photos being on Facebook. I have one up now.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
From my own experience though, the mixture used for the cookie bars comes out slightly thicker than regular cake batter. There's slightly less liquid used, I guess. Plus the addition of brown sugar.

Ahh, right. I have a nasty habit of making things too liquidy. Muffins especially.

phillyfan26 said:
NSW, did you hear the rumors Dalton alluded to last night? About how Vazza's in the negatives on the purity test?

I stated my score last night.

It is still above both my age and the number of people I have had sex with.

I can't eat chicken pot pies anymore due to a mishap with liquidity in the crust. I used to love them, too.

phillyfan26 said:
I can't eat chicken pot pies anymore due to a mishap with liquidity in the crust. I used to love them, too.

My favorite is when you bite into little bits of baking powder that weren't mixed in properly. :sick:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Start with your dry ingredients and add the liquids slowly, waiting for the right consistency.

This is what I do with muffins and I used to fuck it up often. I've managed to correct that now. Well, with the exception of my last batch of blueberry muffins, which I just overloaded with blueberries. Lesson in life: although you cannot add too much chocolate to muffins, you can add too many blueberries!

LemonMelon said:

My favorite is when you bite into little bits of baking powder that weren't mixed in properly. :sick:

Even worse is anything with too much baking soda. The mixture tastes fine for the first second or two, then the baking soda strikes.

I have to say, I don't look half bad in a tux.

Oh, yeah, congrats on 10,000, Vazza. I now post each of my milestones in the form of threads in IO.

phillyfan26 said:
I have to say, I don't look half bad in a tux.

Oh, yeah, congrats on 10,000, Vazza. I now post each of my milestones in the form of threads in IO.

You are sorta an IO crowd person though. I rarely if ever go there, so it would be weird. I thought the superthread was best as it's where I've got liek 60% of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom