Sexbierum, Holland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Does he still play Jungleland?

Sporadically. I didn't see it, unfortunately.

A lot of people speculate it's because Clarence (the sax player) doesn't have that much stamina anymore. Phanan can confirm if that's true or not.

phillyfan26 said:

A lot of people speculate it's because Clarence (the sax player) doesn't have that much stamina anymore. Phanan can confirm if that's true or not.

Is this confirmed?

Screwtape2 said:

:lol: I finally watched the season finale today. I thought the Kevin as a retard jokes were great.

I really like chips... but I also really like pretzels.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Is this confirmed?

This made me think of NSW and made me sad.

We should have thrown him a party and sang "Goodbye Douche Bag" in tribute of him. And "Beers in Heaven."

phillyfan26 said:

I would guess that would be one reason. The Big Man is 66, after all.

Although something tells me they wouldn't do it every night, anyway.

phanan said:

I would guess that would be one reason. The Big Man is 66, after all.

Although something tells me they wouldn't do it every night, anyway.

Yeah, they really mix it up. He'd be a great person to go to multiple shows for.

phanan said:

It adds to the atmosphere. And you had plenty of guitar throughout the song already - the sax brings a nice change of pace to the end. It's most definitely needed.

I disagree. I love the guitar in the song, it's perfect, so I would welcome more of it in place of the sax.

phillyfan26 said:

This made me think of NSW and made me sad.

We should have thrown him a party and sang "Goodbye Douche Bag" in tribute of him. And "Beers in Heaven."

He still makes his appearances every now and then. He's kind of like a strange old hermit.

large_bruce1.jpg

Clarence today.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I really don't like most of Bruce's stuff from '84-'95.

I think Born in the USA's not a terrible album, but for most of the rest, I tend to agree.

phillyfan26 said:

I think Born in the USA's not a terrible album, but for most of the rest, I tend to agree.

It's not terrible, I agree, but it's another casualty of '80s cheese.

So, the latest round of Rest Of U2 Survivor on EYKIW is fucking impossible. What a great selection of songs.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I really don't like most of Bruce's stuff from '84-'95.

Seems like some do, some don't.

Born In The USA is a classic in its own right. Yes, at times it sounds dated, most obviously with Dancing In The Dark, but it is still a fantastic rock record.

Tunnel Of Love is a personal favorite of mine. A beautiful record that shies away from the rock arena of USA and deals with more intimate, introspective storylines. Tougher Than The Rest, Brilliant Disguise, Two Faces, One Step Up, are all awesome.

The first half of the 90's is his low point, although there was plenty of good material for one single album in 1992 vs. the two separate ones at the same time.

I make giant peanut butter cups sometimes :drool:

It's really easy. I mean, you buy some chocolate and melt it down then put some paper baking cups in a muffin tin, and smear the chocolate all up the bottom and sides of the cups. Stick it in the fridge to set, meanwhile you mix up some peanut butter with a load of powdered sugar, the spoon that into the cups, top with more melted chocolate, back in the fridge to set, and eaaaaaat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom