Sexbierum, Holland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
such an exciting arvo of footy. god, i hate freo. :drool: sorry freo fans. i also hate jackermanis, if that is any consolation. and also eade. and i used to enthusiastically despise eade and the dogs, but then they cleaned themselves up, and anyway.

suck shit to essendon, also.
:happy:

Hating Freo is fun. They're probably the team I like the least.

Collingwood, Carlton, and the Swans are also on my AFL shitlist.

oh, i've got plenty of time for disliking the pies, too. carlton i just cannot see anything redeeming in and they shit me for stupid reasons. obviously sydney are my team, but as i hate most others, they're fair game for your/anyone else's criticisms. my approved team list is much shorter. it's essentially the hawks, sydney, and sometimes the dogs. the rest are all varying degrees of hatred. most reserved for the saints and of late, the weagles.
:wink:

Oh, right, you're a Sydney supporter! :lol:

I see two problems with them:
1. They're Sydney. But at least they used to be South Melbourne.
2. They're called the SWANS. Quite possibly the stupidest team name this side of the Indian Premier League and the Dockers. What is this, sport for old ladies with their tea cosies? At least be a threatening bird.

Collingwood just seem to have arseholes for fans (with the exception of bono_man2002), and Carlton ... well, I'm a Wellingtonian. I hate Auckland. Auckland are the Blues. By default, I hate all other Blues. Thus Carlton sucks.

I haven't really chosen a team yet. Richmond are ostensibly my team at the moment, only because they play in Wellington's colours. In the Kiwi provincial rugby, Wellington are the Lions and the rest of my family are Lions fans, so I've thought of going for them, but I hated Queensland when I lived there! I suppose I could say I go for Fitzroy ...? :hmm:

:lol: That's funny.

Re: Sydney, you know about the opera House being built to resemble a swan's back/wings on the harbour, right? That's all the deal is with the name. Their guernseys used to have a very pronounced outline of the opera house to highlight this, but I'm sure it's not so blatant these days. I can't actually recall. Bad supporter, or what? :D

Angela Harlem said:
Re: Sydney, you know about the opera House being built to resemble a swan's back/wings on the harbour, right? That's all the deal is with the name. Their guernseys used to have a very pronounced outline of the opera house to highlight this, but I'm sure it's not so blatant these days. I can't actually recall. Bad supporter, or what? :D

Huh, I didn't know that about the Opera House, actually. Though the story I'd been told about the Swans' name is that it dated back to the South Melbourne days and was due to how many West Australians played on the team. Either way, I still think it's wimpy!

I remember looking up former team nicknames and I remember South Melbourne were once the Blood-stained Angels. :laugh:

And Geelong were the Pivotonians and Hawthorn the Mayblooms! :lmao:

mysterious_jen said:

no thats cin , i loves me footy, and i am a pies supporter, i just happen to posess all my teeth :lol:

Oh, you just like to rag on cricket. Well then, so there are two non-arsehole Collingwood fans in existence then. :wink:

mysterious_jen said:
annnnyway dead thread, see ya !

Yeah, bloody quiet tonight. I'm thankful for that, really, since I'm polishing off that essay I would've finished last night if it weren't for all you folk turning up and distracting me with such an active thread!

Have a good one! :wave:

And just as it's 11 o'clock tick tock (lawlz at the punnage, eh?), I'm done with the essay. :drool:

Well, with the argumentation. I don't write my conclusion until I've proofread it once or twice.

No-one's around at all? :(

Well, my essay's done. Proof-read, conclusion written, all that good stuff. Though I'll probably proof-read it at least two more times. Now to compile the bibliography.

You posted at the same time. The good old "dead thread?" trick works again. :laugh:

Nice.

I sent you an e-mail way back when that you never replied to. Like months ago. I think I'm gonna re-send it now.

Well, it's 2am here and I have a 9:30-10am start, so I better be off. Have a good one. :wave:

In the last 48 hours I have lost 9 lbs thanks to not being on interference/sunny weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom