Sex Pistols playing Long Island... woo hoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
woo hoo... the sex pistols are gonna play jones beach (wantagh)

PISTOLS TO STORM U.S.

The SEX PISTOLS are planning to bring their anarchy back to the
U.S.A. with a summer tour. The band's original lineup -- singer
JOHN LYDON, guitarist STEVE JONES, drummer PAUL COOK and bassist GLEN MATLOCK -- have confirmed an August 21st show in Wantagh, New York, and an August 25th gig in Toronto, with more dates to be announced. "For the first ten years after the Pistols broke up, I didn't want to go back there," Lydon told Rolling Stone. "But I came round to realize that there's nothing to be ashamed of. I love what I did, and I love what I do."

Yep....sellout.

Sex Pistols at the Tommy Hilfiger :down:

Sorry, but somethings should never be reunited.

Hopefully big stomrs come and washout the back of the stage and all of the equipement :macdevil:

True story from when the last time I saw a show there

so if john and george were still alive, and today decided to reunite with paul and ringo... that would be lame?

i dunno everyone's intitled to their own opinions... the whole "sell out" thing though just annoys me. good music is good music, wether it's made in the basement of a club or in a stadium with a corporate sponsorship across the outside

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yep... that would be the infamous Tommy Hillfiger ampitheatre @ jones beach... which i actually drove by yesterday on my way home from long beach... gotta love ocean parkway... the bay on one side, the atlantic on the other, no traffic and no cops... wooo hooo

Ocean Parkway...even better with the top down ;)

Only show I'm goin to this summer is KISS/Aerosmith, Aug 6th. Not much of a good lineup this year...

[opinion]With the Pistols - it is different. Let me lay out an argument here:

Johnny Rotten has always been soooo anti-establishment (and I LOVE him for that).

But, he has been under the radar for a few years, and PIL (for the youngsters...PIL is Public Image Limited, John Lydon's - a.k.a. Johhny Rotten - post-Pistols project) has not exactly been overly succesful (have they put anything out in the past five+ years?). So is he living off of past successes right now? :shrug:

There is a sudden wave of "new (spare me on this one folks) punk" out there right now. Some corporate brain-trust says "ah, it is good to see a resurrgence - and it is SELLING like hotcakes!" Lydon and the rest of the LIVING Pistols (mind you - your questions was about "all of the Beatles" living) minus a dead Syd Vicious - agree to do two shows - both at large outdoor venues with ugly corporate tags - Hillfiger and Molson (imagine the Pistols playing something outdoors and before 9pm back in the day :lol: ).

I use the term sellout for those reasons...Lydon has been sooo anti-establishment for his whole career (while he was selling albums), and suddenly, he is joining a REUNION - not for benefit but for profit, at large outdoor venue with corporate tags.

Never mind the bullocks.[/opinion]

Hasn't beena good lineup in years. Best show last year was Aerosmith...Tyler kicked ass. Saw Mellencamp too...only my 9th time. The only thing I hate is they don't sell beer...I don't get that..most of the people that go to these shows are adults...

Whatever....just gotta smuggle in your own...

Sex Pistols, the original boy band. Nice.

disclaimer: (The Sex Pistols were the first punk band I ever liked, so dont take my comment as offense towards them, I still have one of their albums and listen to it often)

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think PiL has done anything in a while. But yes, the last time they all got together (last summer?? can't remember) John Lydon said straight out that he was only in it for the money.

That's such bullshit, especially from a guy like that!!

Back
Top Bottom