Sex Pistols Join Live 8!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
the sex pistols are nopw in line up for the London concert of LIVE 8!!!

I really don't care for them, but it's sucha BIG name that I'm exited!! :hyper:

i saw PIL open for INXS back in 1986, i think it was

steve jones was on drums, so i figure that's half the sex pistols, right?

my point is, it wasn't as great as you're hoping it's gonna be

The Sex Pistols are easily the most overrated band of all time. Not to mention one of the straight-up worst bands ever in terms of actual musical talent who actually made it big.

I saw them at San Diego Street scene a couple of years ago. I didn’t stay for the full REM set as The Pistols were a couple of blocks away. They did a lot to change the direction of music in and their influence can still be heard today.

Eliv8 said:
They did a lot to change the direction of music in and their influence can still be heard today.

Agreed! I'm not that big of fan of their music, but they're such icons I'd love to see them.

thier first album is beautiful

roger waters would sing those lyrics
:
Fuck this and fuck that fuck it all and fuck the fucking brat

:wink:

PopFly said:
Not to mention one of the straight-up worst bands ever in terms of actual musical talent who actually made it big.

But that was the whole point!

financeguy said:
The Sex Pistols were one of the most culturally important bands ever.

applause2vw.gif

The Pistols are now saying they won't be playing live 8.So who knows ! I saw them 5 times on the 1996 reunion tour and they were superb.However,I saw them in 2002 for the golden jubilee and they were absolute shite.I've always been a big fan but Lydon now sings the Pistols songs with his higher pitched P.I.L. voice which makes the songs seem more comical than ferocious like they used to.

Back
Top Bottom