Sex Pistols Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
ok, there's a lot you can say against the band. you can go on about then being a manufactured comodity, about hating sid vicious, about any lame attempts of theirs for reunion tours, etc.

but you can't deny the sheer 'punk' brilliance of Nevermind the Bollocks especially in comparision to current mainstream "punk". hell, they even blow rancid out of the water (and i'm a huge rancid fan).

you can't go wrong with any song on the album

holidays in the sun
bodies
no feelings
liar
problems
god save the queen
seventeen
anarchy in the u.k.
submission
pretty vacant
new york
EMI

n_t_b.png

Last edited:
Regardless of any of those things I was literally obcessed with this album a few years ago and had totally forgotten how much I loved each and every song. I have since lost my Sex Pistols tapes and feel the need to run out and replace them immediately.

kariann, you're replacing them tomorrow. that's already been established ;)

Nevermind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols was the first actual "punk rock" album I ever bought. My respect for them and their music is quite high.

They were a corporate manufactured item, but they only put out one album, and that album was extremely influential.

PS - As much as I like them, I'd sure like to backhand Johnny Rotten. He needs a serious kiester kicking.

henry rollins seems to think rotton needs his ass kicked too...

i think they both kind of do...especially rollins

the sinister laugh in "anarchy in the uk" has got to be one of the best moments on the album

Re: Re: Sex Pistols Appreciation Thread

bonosgirl84 said:

i don't understand this.

He murdered his girlfriend, and then commited suicide. A lot of people look down on him for that... I'm pretty sure that's what she was getting at.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

He murdered his girlfriend, and then commited suicide. A lot of people look down on him for that... I'm pretty sure that's what she was getting at.

yes, that would be nancy spungen, who was stabbed to death in room 100 of the chelsea hotel, under circumstances that are still disputed. i have been there. i have seen the room. it is common knowledge that nancy spent her entire life trying to find a way to die, that fact is detailed in the book her mother wrote titled "and i don't want to live this life." it is also still disputed whether or not sid's death was intentional or accidental.

that was why i wrote the comment "i don't understand this," because in my personal experience, i haven't met a sex pistol's fan who has said that they hate sid for what happened with nancy, or for sid's overdose. i was just surprised, that's all.

lots of people don't like him for wearing swatstika shirts, spitting on fans, stuff like that. and yes, there's that whole "did he kill nancy spungen?" thing...

he couldn't play bass for shite

but i don't hate him for these things. i was basically just listing off reasons that people will probably come in the thread and start picking at when trying to say why a sex pistols appreciation thread is a bad idea. it's to hit people back before they even throw their first punch. just trying to keep the "the pistols fucking SUCK" comments that i expected to see to a minimum.

I also am a fan of the Pistols...in fact, just last week, one of my professors (he's British) sold me his original Pretty Vacant 45, that he bought as a teenager. Pretty kickass!

~LadyLemon~ said:
I also am a fan of the Pistols...in fact, just last week, one of my professors (he's British) sold me his original Pretty Vacant 45, that he bought as a teenager. Pretty kickass!

:shocked: awesome!!! he sold you it?!?! wow!!

IWasBored said:

:shocked: awesome!!! he sold you it?!?! wow!!

Yeah, well he is an english lit professor, and god knows they don't make any money! Besides being broke, he said he was trying to get rid of stuff he doesn't need anymore...so, he's 38 (although he is a drummer in a band)...guess he decided to let go of his youthful rebellion period for now, hehe.

but still...it's the SEX PISTOLS!! it's reallycool that you have the 45 now!

<--insanly jealous

Has anyone here seen The Filth and the Fury? If not, go rent it immediately!!!!!!!!!! It's just fucking awesome...

Back
Top Bottom