"Sex and the City"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
It's one of my favourite shows...Very witty dialogue and good acting, though I admit it's very much a fantasy world that is portrayed (Do they ever work?:eeklaugh:). I haven't seen the new episodes ( I think in Canada we can only view the new shows starting September)..Any "Sex and the City" fans? And is the new season any good and what's happening? (Please don't reveal too much. :D)

My favourite characters are Charlotte & Samantha:

slide_charlotte_1.jpg

slide_samantha_3.jpg

My girlfriend and her friends watch the show religiously. I think anyone that watches a sitcom/drama religiously needs to create humour in their own life. I've seen it several times. It's a decent show, but not aimed at the male demographic, so I choose not to rearrange my schedule around it's airtime.

sha!!

I Loveeeeeeeee this show!!! My friends and I had Sex & The City marathons when it came out on dvd- two weeks ago we did season 3 and I can't wait for more!!

what a funny, intelligent show-- and ooooh to have their shoes.... :D

here's a cool test, btw: Which Sex & The City Character Are You?

I came out like 40% Carrie, 40% Miranda :sexywink:

Re: sha!!

oliveu2cm said:
what a funny, intelligent show-- and ooooh to have their shoes.... :D

here's a cool test, btw: Which Sex & The City Character Are You?

I came out like 40% Carrie, 40% Miranda :sexywink:

To have their shoes and their wardrobe ! ;)

Diamond::lol:

Here are my results:

You scored 40% Carrie

You scored 40% Carrie
Your answers peg you as a Carrie-type, much influenced by the Air Sign qualities associated with Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. Like confident Carrie, a sex columnist, you're curious and perceptive, always seeking answers and never satisfied with the superficial. An Air Sign influence can lead to indecision and an avoidance of tough issues, like with Carrie and her on-again, off-again attachment to Mr. Big. Forward-thinking, incredibly intelligent and witty, you just exude quirky charm. You'd be utterly bored by someone who's just a pretty face or hot body -- though you don't mind looking and flirting! You're more turned on by an equally smart and funny mate, someone who challenges your mind and makes you laugh. You love to talk, so you need a good listener who's open to playful and eccentric ideas about love and lovemaking.

You scored 30% Charlotte
A romantic at heart, you chose the answers that demure Charlotte may have chosen. Strongly influenced by the intuitive, profound and sometimes na?ve Water Signs -- Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces -- you're like a mother, a mystery and a poet all in one. Though on the surface you may seem innocent and all about seeking the good in people, beneath the surface, you hide secret yearnings for intimacy, for attachment and ideal love. You're seeking a knight in shining armor, a soul mate, someone who will complete you and tether you to the earth when you get carried away with your fantasies. You're super-sensitive, soaking up the moods of others; you emote freely, crying at commercials and sappy movies. You also provide a shoulder to cry on and open arms for hugs. Be careful that you're not so wide-eyed and trusting that you get taken in by some cunning wolf in sheep's clothing.

Okay, I'm a guy....but I just took that test and changed the he's to she's etc. Here's what it said:

40% Samantha
40% Carrie
10% Charlotte
10% Miranda

I don't know if that's true, but I'll say that Carrie and Samantha are the most 'male-minded' people on the show.

I have a love/hate relationship with that show. I love the fashion, the drinks, the dining and the City -
I hate how they talk and act alot of the time.

I scored:

60% Miranda
20% Charlotte
10% Carrie
10% Samantha

i absolutely :heart: that show!!!!!!!!

can't wait for the new season to start up here in canada in september. Bravo.....get your act together and air it sooner :madspit:

trying hard not to look at the episode summeries they have on HBO website to see what happens.

I love this show! I can't wait for the new episodes! I even got my husband into watching the show. It has friendship and love troubles and resolves for women and raunchy sex for the guys! What guy is not curious enough to watch? Does anyone's guy also watch the show?:laugh:

I like the show.

My girlfriend wathes it religiously and was actually in an episode because they filmed it where she works...

Im w/Carrie here., sorta;)
Naya u out-class all those ladies..
I like Charolette and Sarah Jessica Parker the best.
Im not opposed to them coming over to chicken ice at anytime;)
D
B
9:|
thank u:cool:

I LOVE this show...well, it's my second favorite after Six Feet Under. My husband is even more into than I am but I'm pretty sure he's just watching to see someone naked :lol:

For those of you who haven't seen the new episodes, I won't give anything away but its been pretty good so far. The Samantha/Richard thing has been really funny but its strange seeing Miranda with baby Brady :D

As for the quiz, here are my results:

60% Carrie
30% Samantha
10% Charlotte
0% Miranda

Sex & The City is a pretty good show. I've just started watching recently- I think I'm going to rent the DVDs of the past seasons.

You scored 40% Carrie
You scored 30% Miranda
You scored 20% Charlotte
You scored 10% Samantha

I used to watch this show, but now I just cant bring myself to do it I find it so problematic and I find that when I am watching it I am just constantly questioning the images and roles that are brought forward, must be all of that media and gender role explorations that I did at uni!!!. I do however like the idea that the women are all successful, however as previously mentioned when do you ever see them work?, there lives are highly romanticised, take it from me I have worked as a journalist before adn I am sure that news rooms would not differ that much the world over and Carrie surely does have a very easy going job- one which never requires her to head into the cesspit that is a newspaper editorial room, anyway I know that the show is not reality but I guess the other thing that started to piss me off about the show is the way that they started to portray some of the female characters, I guess I just found myself not identifying with them at all- I am not a slave to fashion, whilst I like it I would not go out and spend one months wage on a pair of shoes and I dont live in a huge city where my greatest fun is taken in drinking cocktails in yuppie bars, but anyway I like the way that the show has been brave and tackled some rather interesting subject matters in it's storylines I just hope that the men who watch shows like this, hoping to get a little inside information on how a women's psyche works dont think that we are all like either shoe obsessed Carrie, naieve Charlotte, nymphomaniac Samantha or anal Miranda:)

Back
Top Bottom